• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URGENT - Help Needed

kburch1030

My client had a working website that she wanted transferred to me for hosting. I did a full backup from cpanel and transferred it to my server. The site appeared to be working; however, when I tried to go into the admin panel for oscommerce, I first received an error that the php.ini file was not there. My hosting company put the file there so that we could access the admin panel. NOW when I go in, it says I need to set a default currency and language even though they are STILL SET when I check on them. For some reason, the admin panel is not recognizing that they are set. When the site was transferred, NOTHING was changed except the nameservers. Does anyone know why the site wouldn't work now? Because the currency isn't showing, all the prices are showing up as zeroes. The site was built with PHP (I do not know anything about PHP) and the osc admin panel is the only way I know how to make any changes to the site, so if this doesn't work, I'm in trouble. I do know the site was originally designed in 2004 and it is an earlier version of OScommerce but it was working great until the transfer. That being said, I am not a techie and cannot understand highly technical jargon, so please respond in very basic terms for me. I feel that this has to be some simple thing to change, possibly on my host's server, since the site was transferred intact and should work. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I appreciate any help you can give as we are eager to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance ...

Kathy

Hi Sonia. It is turned off. Any other suggestions?

Kathy

Problem is fixed. I found the answer in another person's question about php.ini. All I had to do was upload a single line to the file saying register_globals = on; and call it php.ini. Everything is now working fine. Thank you just the same for your help ;-)

Kathy

Archived