• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

which files to backup?

I have a shop with lots of contributions. lets say i want to backup my files so if anything goes wrong i'll just have to install a new copy of OScommerce and copy over my backed up files. Which files are modified in a new instalation? I mean, can i just backup all the files, make a new instalation and them just copy the backup to the server??

Another question,if you have multiple languages is there a way to show a product in one language and not in another. For example,i have books in Portuguese and in English and i would like the portuguese books to show only on the Portuguese version of the shop and the English ones on the English version.

Thanks for the help.

PS - if anyone would like to see my shop is at www.wondershop.pt . The English version is still in construction. It doen't have the description of the products yet.

Yes make a complete copy of the site as a backup. Also any contributions that changed the database then you need to make a .txt file and paste all sql statements in it from those contributions. That way if you need to redo entire shop one copy and paste in the phpmyadmin and the new database would be restored with all contributions addons.

Unsure of the second question

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Yes make a complete copy of the site as a backup. Also any contributions that changed the database then you need to make a .txt file and paste all sql statements in it from those contributions. That way if you need to redo entire shop one copy and paste in the phpmyadmin and the new database would be restored with all contributions addons.

Unsure of the second question

Can i do a database backup and restore latter or still have to run all the sql statments in phpmyadmin??

I mean, will this work: backup all the files and database. install fresh copy of oscommerce. Copy over the backed upfiles, restore the database from the backup. Will this be enough??

Can i do a database backup and restore latter or still have to run all the sql statments in phpmyadmin??

I mean, will this work: backup all the files and database. install fresh copy of oscommerce. Copy over the backed upfiles, restore the database from the backup. Will this be enough??

Yes that will usually be enough. However some contributions have you alter the database by inserting additional tables etc.. in whick case it is best ( if having to restore) to be able to1) install fresh, 2)copy files,

3)run SQL statements 4) restore db from backup.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Archived