• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Killing main page white space?

wyrmpit

I went through and commented out the calls to HEADING_TITLE in a number of my pages, but that now leaves an unpleasant white space most annoyingly on my home page. Is there a way to get rid of that table row or whatever it is, to move my content up into that space?

NewsQuestion3.gif

I went through and commented out the calls to HEADING_TITLE in a number of my pages, but that now leaves an unpleasant white space most annoyingly on my home page. Is there a way to get rid of that table row or whatever it is, to move my content up into that space?

NewsQuestion3.gif

if youre using a template system all you have to do is delete the part of the table that the heading title is in. not sure about stock osc.

if youre using a template system all you have to do is delete the part of the table that the heading title is in. not sure about stock osc.

Yeah, no template involved. I've played around with deleting various table and cell tags so far to no avail. I either break all of the page's tables, or effect no change.

you would probably need to remove all of this:

<tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

you would probably need to remove all of this:

<tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>

BTW this is about line 299 after the code that says

else{ // default page

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Archived