• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

/creating database - Yes, I'm a newbie

Donna Jo

:blush: I am smart enough to figure out how to enter products and work all the modules for a friend's website who had a hosting guru set it up on her domain - but I cannot get it installed on my domain as I have no guru.

I cannot get past create a database. I downloaded phpmyadmin and am totally lost. What do I do? I do not understand the samples in the documentation. Now I need mysql? I cannot afford to buy that, it's expensive. I am reading the php documentation, I did figure out that I need to upload that to my web directory, but now what?

Do I need mysql and why? Why can't oscommerce just include the parts needed for installation and walk you through a "enter your website here" type installation?

Help please :'(

:blush: I am smart enough to figure out how to enter products and work all the modules for a friend's website who had a hosting guru set it up on her domain - but I cannot get it installed on my domain as I have no guru.

I cannot get past create a database. I downloaded phpmyadmin and am totally lost. What do I do? I do not understand the samples in the documentation. Now I need mysql? I cannot afford to buy that, it's expensive. I am reading the php documentation, I did figure out that I need to upload that to my web directory, but now what?

Do I need mysql and why? Why can't oscommerce just include the parts needed for installation and walk you through a "enter your website here" type installation?

Help please :'(

Ok - Presumably you are using a webhost - What is included in your package? If your package does not include a MySql database then let me know :angry: as you should have one if you are hosting on a linux box

Once you have a database the rest falls into place

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Ok - Presumably you are using a webhost - What is included in your package? If your package does not include a MySql database then let me know :angry: as you should have one if you are hosting on a linux box

Once you have a database the rest falls into place

I host with homestead. So I did a seach on mwsql and oscommerce in their forums with no hits. So I wrote a post asking about it. I guess I need to call them. Maybe it is time to look at a new host?

Archived