• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help needed with new shipping option

manic_toys

:blink: <== me right now

I have looked through this forum for over 3 hours for a solution to my problem, but at this time have not found it.

what I want to do for my site is charge 1 standard rate for shipping and that is 10% of the total cost of the items purchased to a maximum value of $200, and anything over that free.

I know if I plug away at it for long enough I will figure it out myself, but I (like many here) am still new to php and every time I sit down to try, I get lost chasing references accross different pages.

>_< :huh: <== me making changes to my OsCommerce site

I want to customise the tables option to accomodate, if anyone can help me it would save me heaps of time.

thanks in advance for your time everyone.

Maggi,

My question is similar, but I just want to add a surcharge that is based upon a % of the total.

Ex: $100 FedEx shipping charge (10% fee) = $10.

Grand total = (item price) + $110 shipping charge.

Will the above code handle this?

It seems like the the code above calculates the rates based upon a percentage of the total. what I want is to add a handling fee (% of FedEx shipping charge) to the shipping charge total.

thx very much