• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cloning my site ???

jrebel

Hi all,

I'm just in the process of setting up my first oscommerce store and have added in a few contributions for different features etc. Once this store is running OK I want to set up a second store on a new site and have the same features and look as the first store.

Is there any way to easily clone / carry over the features already added into the first store into the second store or do I have to build it from scratch?

Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend.

jrebel

You can install a new instance of osC, then copy over all the modified files from your existing store - no problem! Just remember to update the new database with any SQL files that came with the contributions you have added.

Or,

from the existing site: download ALL files to your computer, and export the database, save it in sql also to your pc;

On the new site: upload all downloaded files to the new site, run the sql to create the database on th enew site. Then edit the two configure.php files to reflect the new site. In admin, you may also need to change a few settings in the configuration (my store).

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived