• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Date script / command

halltristan

I just installed an invoice print contribution and I'm trying to make it to where the current date is shown. That way, not only can customers see when the order was placed, but they can also see when that invoice was printed for reference.

I know this is probably simple but I couldn't find it.

I'm thinking it's something like this:

<?php echo 'Today's Date: ' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['current_date']; ?>

What would I need to replace 'current_date' with to actually make it show the current date?

<?php echo 'Today's Date: ' . date("M j, Y"); ?>

You can format the date any way you want but this on would look like jan 06, 1992.

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

I just installed an invoice print contribution and I'm trying to make it to where the current date is shown. That way, not only can customers see when the order was placed, but they can also see when that invoice was printed for reference.

I know this is probably simple but I couldn't find it.

I'm thinking it's something like this:

<?php echo 'Today's Date: ' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['current_date']; ?>

What would I need to replace 'current_date' with to actually make it show the current date?

This is the code used to display the date in the footer.

<?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG);?>

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Archived