• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

copy entire os commerce store to new host

blkg35coupe

I have a current install that has several contributions installed. I have run into alot of difficulty with the newest version of os commerce and my "cocktail" if contibutions that i install. I want to take the one install that runs great and copy it to a new server. Is there any instructions on how to move an entire os commerce store from one server to another?

Thanks in advance

To move site do the following

1. backup your database using the backup tool in your osC admin

2. ftp all your files to your local computer

3. create new database and user (making sure you assign user to database)

4. populate your new database with sql file from last backup.

5. edit your two configure.php files to reflect the new location

6. upload all your files to the new server.

7. If you have Ulitmate SEO installed edit the .htaccess file

You should be good to go.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Number 3 step is where i get a bit confused. Will i create a new DB from my cpanel? and if that is where i do this can i use the same settings for the current connection string for the new site? Just looking for a little more direction or instructions with the DB part

Thanks

Number 3 step is where i get a bit confused. Will i create a new DB from my cpanel? and if that is where i do this can i use the same settings for the current connection string for the new site? Just looking for a little more direction or instructions with the DB part

Thanks

Your assumtion is correct.

You should be able to use the same settings as you currently are using.

After you have created a new database you then repopulate it from a back up of your current installation.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived