• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Page rescale

araisi

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if it possible to make the site automatically rescale to fit the window in different resolution screens, e.g. if my site is opened in a 800x600 resolution computer screen it would not show as large as it shows in a 1280x1024 resolution computer screen.

Cheers!

Yes, this is possible. The easiest way to do this is to install one of the center shop conributions and then set the width to 100% instead of a fixed number. If you make any changes to the shop, you should view it in 800x600 to be sure the width is not stretched.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, this is possible. The easiest way to do this is to install one of the center shop conributions and then set the width to 100% instead of a fixed number. If you make any changes to the shop, you should view it in 800x600 to be sure the width is not stretched.

Jack

Thank you for your quick reply!

I've already installed the center shop contribution, and I've also put the width to 100% but the only thing that changes, when viewing it in 800x600, is that only the header navigation path and the footer rescale and fit, everything else remains large.

That will happen if you have coded the sizes as amounts, instead of percentages. In that case, you will have to adjust each one.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That will happen if you have coded the sizes as amounts, instead of percentages. In that case, you will have to adjust each one.

Jack

I found out what the problem is: it's the product pictures that won't rescale, how can I make them rescale? My Header image won't rescale either, can this be solved in any other way than changing its size to 800x600?

Images don't rescale. You need to set the size for the 800x600 screen and then fill in when in when in a larger mode. You can selectively load the images depending on the display mode but that is a lot of extra work that is usually not worth it, in my opinion.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived