• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

install questions

asxetos

hello guys...i have install oscommerce...i have to make some questions...after install databases and those i can see administrative panel, but my question is how should i include this eshop in my web site?

i mean under my /www folder its only catalog folder with no index web page, so should i make an index page with my template and then include eshop?

ok thanks a lot, one question i have is if ecommerce supports greek language?

i mean i want to add a category in greek so that my customers will see products in greek language, is that possible?

did you say... GEEK? :)

Try one of these two.... (it is a search result from the contribs under language...)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...&category=7

i say greek... :P :P

thanks for your answer, but i dont want the administration site to be in greek mode, i want to have a web site that will appear in greek...so when i will add a new product in greek language it will appear correct...

i say greek... :P :P

thanks for your answer, but i dont want the administration site to be in greek mode, i want to have a web site that will appear in greek...so when i will add a new product in greek language it will appear correct...

I am probably at my technical ability with OSC here, but lets see if I can clarify what you want....

You want your ADMIN section to be in english and be able to add products in English and Greek (note the "R" :)) so when your customer comes along they see the site in Greek? (or whatever default language you choose) If this is the case it may just mean adjusting the php file that controls the default language (I note that I am uber noob to OSCommerce, but not so noob to php and CMS).

OR

Do you want it to translate for you? (just a thought I had after original post....)

i want the first choice you said...i want to have an eshop in greek...i mean i want to have categories in greek like "history books" "Adventure books" for example in greek language, so when someone visit my eshop to see those categories in greek mode...is that possible?

i want the first choice you said...i want to have an eshop in greek...i mean i want to have categories in greek like "history books" "Adventure books" for example in greek language, so when someone visit my eshop to see those categories in greek mode...is that possible?

Yes I believe it is, but I can't tell you at the moment as I can't recall where I saw the info about default languages (saw it about the same area I was looking for default currency from memory). You may want to do a search on the forums as you need to install the language to start with (there may be a readme to go with it) and then you can go from there, sorry but as I said I am at my limits at the moment but I am learning real quick.. :)

Once setting your default language you will probably be able to have your customers choose any other languages you have installed.. :) probaly as I know mine is on English and you have the different flags (I removed the rest and will probably remove the langage selection as there is only one language).

thanks a lot man, but you know its a problem cause i want to design my web site in greek and i want to know for sure...maybe you know if i can send an email to the os team who had design it to know for sure?

thanks again

thanks a lot man, but you know its a problem cause i want to design my web site in greek and i want to know for sure...maybe you know if i can send an email to the os team who had design it to know for sure?

thanks again

OK, try this contrib, it looks like what you are after, if not there are contact details.. they may help, they may ask for a fee... I dont know.. :)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,7/search,greek

Whoops forgot the link.... btw the email addresses are in the 20th Jan release

Archived