• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download contributions install - Help for Dummies

Hi All,

Here's what I did so far and what I have -- Downloaded the Add on -- Upload and over written the Catalog folder and added the downloads_controller.sql through MyphpAdmin -- at least it said Your SQL query has been executed successfully.

Ok in my Admin panel the only thing I see different is under the Downloads and I have 2 listings of each of these 2 of each

Downloads Controller Update Status Value

Downloads Controller Download on hold message <BR><font color="FF0000">NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed</font>

Downloads Controller Order Status Value

In the readme txt I don't have a clue of what to do with stuff like this:

Add a new Order Status, I call mine Updated and check its value in the orders_status table. Then set the value in the Admin for:

Downloads Controller Update Status Value

to this new value. Usually this is a 4, but could be different depending on how many orders_status settings you have.

and

In order for the download link to display, you must assign at least one product attribute and variable. If you have a storefront that is only downloaded products, then that could be the attribute of 'download' and the variable of 'yes'. With only one attribute, it will automatically show on each product added. Then you simply type in the file name to be downloaded.

Also, make sure that you have at least 4 order statuses. You set these through the localization section in the admin panel, or you redefine the orderstatus id that the download will be available at in your own store.

Hope you Understand

Y-AM-I-A-CAVEMAN

Archived