• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need some basic feedback! :) Thank you!!

phi148

Ok... my first crack at this (and you'll be able to tell that its my first website )

But I really need some basic input to help me along. Feel free to bash away!! (Good comments are welcome too).

I need some direction here.

Thank you all so much!! (Oh, and you can buy something if you want too :lol: )

www.bar-essentials.com

looks nice.

you should put other pictures that match the background or

change the background.

and i think the title has too many keywords. you should put not more

tha 5-6 words.

I agree with Moloz. Pictures speak louder than words.. esp. on the web. You have to scroll to see your featured products / what type of "bar essentials" you offer.. My feeling is if someone doesn't "get it" by looking at your site in 2 seconds, you've lost them. Simple & clean though.

I agree with Moloz. Pictures speak louder than words.. esp. on the web. You have to scroll to see your featured products / what type of "bar essentials" you offer.. My feeling is if someone doesn't "get it" by looking at your site in 2 seconds, you've lost them. Simple & clean though.

Thanks guys... any other comments?

You have to scroll to see your featured products / what type of "bar essentials" you offer.. My feeling is if someone doesn't "get it" by looking at your site in 2 seconds, you've lost them.

I would disagree with that. I don't think I have ever been on a site, where I didn't have to scroll. Although having said that, if you view your site at 800x600, you need to sideways scroll. Which is very annoying and may make some leave.

I do agree you have to grab the customer and pull him in. I don't think the general look of your site is appealing enough to do that. IMHO - the black on grey doesn't work here, it looks too drab. I also think that navigation bar you have designed, looks, for want of a better adjective, amateurish. You haven't even made sure the table cells have expanded enough to show the complete image. The links within, all look a bit cramped. If you expanded it across the page, and gave enough height for the background image to show fully, it would look a lot better.

I would turn off the product count, that will save quite a few queries, making the page load faster.

Most would lose the requests counter as well. It is totally useless information to your customer, other than showing him just how new you are.

These are just my opinions of course. All the best with your store!

I would disagree with that. I don't think I have ever been on a site, where I didn't have to scroll. Although having said that, if you view your site at 800x600, you need to sideways scroll. Which is very annoying and may make some leave.

I do agree you have to grab the customer and pull him in. I don't think the general look of your site is appealing enough to do that. IMHO - the black on grey doesn't work here, it looks too drab. I also think that navigation bar you have designed, looks, for want of a better adjective, amateurish. You haven't even made sure the table cells have expanded enough to show the complete image. The links within, all look a bit cramped. If you expanded it across the page, and gave enough height for the background image to show fully, it would look a lot better.

I would turn off the product count, that will save quite a few queries, making the page load faster.

Most would lose the requests counter as well. It is totally useless information to your customer, other than showing him just how new you are.

These are just my opinions of course. All the best with your store!

Thanks for the feedback! Great advice. What exactly is the "product count" ?

Where it has the number of products for each category. i.e. Barstools (134)

To disable that, you need to go into your osC admin/configuration, look down the list onscreen to where it says "Show Category Counts" Changing its value to "false" will disable the count.

Where it has the number of products for each category. i.e. Barstools (134)

To disable that, you need to go into your osC admin/configuration, look down the list onscreen to where it says "Show Category Counts" Changing its value to "false" will disable the count.

Gotcha! Thanks I'll make some improvements tonight!

I appreciate the feedback greatly! :thumbsup:

Archived