• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Non fixed price

Ian Lawther

I have been using osCommerce very happily for six months and am about to recommend it to some friends as a possible tool for some charity fund raising. They would be "selling" music downloads but asking for donations rather than have a fixed price. Is there anyway of setting a minimum price rather than fixed price in osCommerce?

Thanks,

Ian

You could offer a base price and then use the Product Attributes to specify varying higher prices that people could choose from. There really isn't a way to let the customer choose the price entirely, as far as I know.

You could offer a base price and then use the Product Attributes to specify varying higher prices that people could choose from. There really isn't a way to let the customer choose the price entirely, as far as I know.

Thanks I was starting to think along those lines myself.

A second question that has crossed my mind since my first post is whether it is possible to operate osC without people having to sign up for an account. What we wouldn't want is donors being put off by having to give personal details. Is it possible to switch off this frunction?

Ian

Archived