• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Horrid product alignment issues...

garysgal

I've removed all HTML codes except for line breaks trying to get this fixed - there's three product pages showing AWFUL alignment... HERE's one of them, here's another.

They all should align like THIS one (at the top, centered).

I have to be missing something obvious here, I just can't find it. Why would 90% of them be aligned properly but three or four look like this, with or without HTML coding? TIA!

I just looked at the source of one of the pages and although your table cell said align center, the table tag itself specified align right. It seems to be taking priority. You also have a div tag 'showimage' that's empty and could be removed.

However it looks to me as though you have another table cell to the left, underneath the back/add to wishlist buttons. Paste the code into your editor and you'll see what I mean.

Okay, I did find the "center" issue, however, I couldn't locate the extra cell... but I think my problem may be that the info page is set up to vertical align middle... and shorter product pages are shrunk low... looking now!

Thanks for your help!

I'm just not finding it. I have a clean OSC product_info.php that I even used the Beyond Compare software for, and other than the contributions, all of the <tr>'s and <td>'s that could be messing me up are matching up properly.

It appears my products are centering vertically on the page, instead of at the top - so shorter product descriptions are dropped way down on the page, and larger ones are at the top, by "luck". I did a mass search on 'align="middle"' and still had no luck. Any other ideas for me? Want to convert my old site to this one this weekend (my slowest business days)... thanks soooo much in advance!

Archived