• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with Download Controller 5.3 contrib

Hi All,

First time trying to install one of these - I was looking for the Dummies section but it looks like I got lost ther to. lol

Any way -- Am I to upload and over write my original files with the ones Just I downloaded??? Or is there more to it than that.

And then

What do I do with the downloads_controller.sql

Thanks for any help or direction.

yamiacaveman

the .sql file is a database file, you need to run that in something like phpmyadmin it changes the tables in your database. There are a lot of pages in this contribtion I recommend you do a backup from your admin file, then FTP all of your files onto your computer into a folder somewhere, with that many file changes you definatly want a backup of your whole store before you start changing things the admin backup will create a database backup which if you do that first, then download all your files you will have it.

If your not comfortable doing this and you have never done a contribution you may want to find someone to help you, with contribution that large there is a lot of room for errors.

You will need to know FTP, and have access to your database preferably phpmyadmin. Most hosts use C-panel you can get to the phpmyadmin by going to mysql databases, and usually at the very bottom there is a link to the phpmyadmin.

Good Luck

Archived