• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OsCommerce Download Feature

bkellum

I haven't seen this problem on here. I have an mp3 file on my site (the only file I've put up so far). When I look at it on the site it shows a price of $0.99. But when I add it to my shopping cart, it shows a price of $0.00. On PayPal it shows a total of $0.00 and asks me to enter a price. I typed in $0.50 and it processed the transaction, sent me back to my site, and I got the download link which worked just dandy.

Please help!

I haven't seen this problem on here. I have an mp3 file on my site (the only file I've put up so far). When I look at it on the site it shows a price of $0.99. But when I add it to my shopping cart, it shows a price of $0.00. On PayPal it shows a total of $0.00 and asks me to enter a price. I typed in $0.50 and it processed the transaction, sent me back to my site, and I got the download link which worked just dandy.

Please help!

Looks a lot like a configuration problem to me, although it doesn't make sense that it shows a price on one page and not the other.

Try re-listing the item and see what happens or would it be possible to let me look at your store and see for myself?

Looks a lot like a configuration problem to me, although it doesn't make sense that it shows a price on one page and not the other.

Try re-listing the item and see what happens or would it be possible to let me look at your store and see for myself?

Feel free!

http://0185b7a.netsolhost.com/oscommerce1/

There's one song listed: "God Gave Me You - All Parts"

I'll leave that one the way it is so you can look at it and I'll try listing something else to see if I get a different result.

Thanks!

Feel free!

http://0185b7a.netsolhost.com/oscommerce1/

There's one song listed: "God Gave Me You - All Parts"

I'll leave that one the way it is so you can look at it and I'll try listing something else to see if I get a different result.

Thanks!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I was listing a second item and I did one thing differently. I included the "+" prefix in the "Product Attributes" section where you specify that the items are downloads. That made the difference and the price showed up in the shopping cart. I changed over the other item as well and both are working. I'm so excited! Now all I have to do is make the site look pretty and I'm in business!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a downloads question. I have searched lots of places around this forum but cannot find the answer.

Our site sells mail order CD/DVDs to customers that we post to their shipping address.

We now wish to start selling downloads. I have this working pretty good thanks to this forum's help.

1 issue I still have is the shipping address. If a customer is paying for a download, they can just change their shipping address for the download and avoid paying the TAX due.

They can be in the state (Ireland) and choose their billing address as Ireland for their Credit card, but choose shipping address as outside the EU and therefore not pay the TAX that they should.

This sounds great to me personally, but the taxman might not be so impressed.....

Is there anyway to prevent this?

Any help would be great

Thanks a lot

Piperman.

I have a downloads question. I have searched lots of places around this forum but cannot find the answer.

Our site sells mail order CD/DVDs to customers that we post to their shipping address.

We now wish to start selling downloads. I have this working pretty good thanks to this forum's help.

1 issue I still have is the shipping address. If a customer is paying for a download, they can just change their shipping address for the download and avoid paying the TAX due.

They can be in the state (Ireland) and choose their billing address as Ireland for their Credit card, but choose shipping address as outside the EU and therefore not pay the TAX that they should.

This sounds great to me personally, but the taxman might not be so impressed.....

Is there anyway to prevent this?

Any help would be great

Thanks a lot

Piperman.

Normally if you have things set up correctly anything to do with shipping should be skipped anyway in the case that the shopping basket contains only downloadables. They wouldn't choose a shipping address outside the EU if they have a mixed basket of physical and virtual goods presumably, as they either wouldn't receive their physical goods or else the non-payment of tax would be justified. So I can't quite see why it's a problem. How do you have your store set up to decide whether to add tax or not based on the shipping address, and is the shipping screen still coming up when the customer has only downloadables in their basket?

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

Normally if you have things set up correctly anything to do with shipping should be skipped anyway in the case that the shopping basket contains only downloadables. They wouldn't choose a shipping address outside the EU if they have a mixed basket of physical and virtual goods presumably, as they either wouldn't receive their physical goods or else the non-payment of tax would be justified. So I can't quite see why it's a problem. How do you have your store set up to decide whether to add tax or not based on the shipping address, and is the shipping screen still coming up when the customer has only downloadables in their basket?

Hi Ben Nevis,

Thanks for your reply.

Of course you are correct, I guess It would help the situation if I posted the correct info in the first place!

My site is skipping the shipping screen as it should for a basket with only downloadables like you said.

The tax it seems is worked out on the billing address, not shipping as i thought as you correctly pointed out....

So it seems that the tax is based on the billing address of the customer.

So a customer can purchase a downloadable product and choose their billing address as outside EU, say Australia, and the credit card processing company, in this case we use "realex payments" accepts it. My credit card has an Irish Address, but i just choose USA of Australia as my billing, i dont pay the Tax.

So its clearer in my head now anyways,

Hopefully you can help me Ben,

Cheers, and thanks for your time

Piperman

• 2 months later...

My downloads were working fine, until recently.

I've read through several forum discussions, rechecked things listed here, and it makes no sense.

All was working perfectly and suddenly is not.

The only thing I did recent;y was try out changing the download by redirect to 'true', but have changed it

back to 'false'.

I get the download links but when clicked on, the download window on my mac show the title of the mp3 & 0 bytes

and nothing will play- nothing downloaded.

The files are all uploaded and show 7.8Mb,11.1Mb...etc.

Everything is set up correctly...like I said it had been working perfectly.

Any ideas?

Could it be a mac issue? Firefox issue?

Have posted several times here and am getting no response.

Hoping for some insight.

thanks!

~*Beth

• 7 months later...

I just made the mistake of trying to activate downloads on my test version of OSCommerce v. 2.2rca. It's a completely 'virgin' setup. No mods at all.

I have set up downloads according to instruction found here and made all the pertinent tweaks and adjustments suggested by everyone. I never see the download link. The product indicated it's downloadable, but when the order completes, it goes to 'Finished' and mt only option is to press 'Continue'.

After reading every post in this topic and seeing that a few folks have fixed it I've come to the conclusion that I'm an idiot. I think the OSCommerce programmers have made the Download feature a little too complicated for me to use.

• 10 months later...

Hi Bill and everyone, I have a downloadable product question.

I have searched overall and i guess this topic hasn't been posted yet.

My add-on is working fine, I am really happy with it.

I have worked a bit around that when someone pays a dowloadable product with credit card or paypal, the download link will be shown automatically.

It also works great.

With one exception:

when i buy several different products, and among them a downloadable, it will not work like expected, the dowload link will not be shown.

Is there any explanation or work around for that?

Thanx in advance

Andrea

• 1 month later...

I have read all 10 pages of this topic..

Have done everything and yet I still cannot click on the download link in "My Account" ..the link is just text?

I checked paypal and the order had been set to completed status

I had to manually change the status on OSCommerce to Delivered and still NO download link??

Here is a picture:

signuperror-1.jpg

And a link to the store: http://thetarealms.net/index.php

Please help! :(

• 5 months later...

My downloads work.

My issue is with multiple downloads.

When a customer makes a purchase the item is available for download and it works.

However if another purchase is made a few minutes later the previous download is no longer available.

All the products show up in My Order History. Even if you select the previous order only the most recent purchase is shown under the Download links.

Strange but true.

Suggestions?

Regards

I have read all 10 pages of this topic..

Have done everything and yet I still cannot click on the download link in "My Account" ..the link is just text?

I checked paypal and the order had been set to completed status

I had to manually change the status on OSCommerce to Delivered and still NO download link??

Here is a picture:

signuperror-1.jpg

And a link to the store: http://thetarealms.net/index.php

Please help! sad.png

One of the major reasons for download links not being available is that when adding the attribute filename the file type (.zip) is missed off the end.

I would also check that in your admuin area downloads have been set as available, and also in your admin area localisation- order_status make sure that downloads are available on your final order status.

To automate the download process and give your customers an imeadiate download i would add super download store.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Does anyone know the max upload file size for the feature?

Smaller files work great, larger files give me a 'file not found'

Im running an older version of OS 2.2 rc1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 3 months later...

This thread has been very helpful in establishing the download capability of my store. All is working fine (after weeks of tweaking and reading through all of the threads). There appears to be one last problem I am having trouble with. When I go through the process of purchasing a downloadable file (filename.zip), make the necessary purchase and then am redirected to the checkout_success.php, the link for the downloadable file appears. HOWEVER, when I click on it, I get the following error:

400 Bad Request

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

I have loaded the *.zip file to the download directory and the name is exactly the same. File size is 2.95mb

Any help would be appreciated.

@@HOTBikiniTeam

Check in your admin under downloads and see if you have downloads by redirect checked. This may sound daft, but if it is checked deselect it. If it isnt checked try checking it. Run through the checkout process again and see if the file is then working.

I had a similar problem and it was a server setup error.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bill

Thanks for the step by step. I have a couple of points:

1) Do I need to upload the zip file to the pub folder as well as the download folder? What is the role of the pub folder?

2) Why do the permissions need to be 777 and 755 - my support tech says this is unsafe and has set download file to 644 and pub to 755.

Thanks for your time.

britchops

• 1 month later...

I have setup the downloads and downloads by redirect to true, enabled GZip, added the product download file names in the attribues (no spaces, .zip at end of name) etc. I have double checked my configuration and have set permissions on the pub and download folders. When i do a test order, i go in as an admin and set the status as "Delivered." when i click on the "download" link from "My Account" I get the 400 Bad Request error. The URL does appear to indicate that it is trying to write the zip temporarily to the pub directory (http://cu4reality.org/catalog/pub/.ccsfmyjqvtktrqfdrjn/middle-school-program.zip).

Per many of the suggestions in this thread, i have also tried setting download by redirect to false. And while it does download, i am concerned about the protection of the files. Does having the download occur directly from the download directory present a security issue?