• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is OS Commerce Ok for this kind of online sales?

nfuids

Here is my situation:

We have a special ink jet printer specialized in printing on t-shirt.

So we have different available designs. We also offer our customer to bring their own design so we can print them on the shirt.

I was wondering if I could use OS Commerce to sells online.

I kinda try already with no luck.

I entered all design as "product" in the catalog. The thing is that I have no way to manage inventory of actual shirt. When people go online and select a design, they pay for it but I don't have to substract that design from inventory.. I have to substract a shirt of their choosen color, size and model.

What do you suggest?

quote was edited/removed

Please refrain from calling people names.

There IS a contribution that allows file uploads. : ) As well as contributions that do text imprinting and so on.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1540

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160

Yes, nfuids, you can definately sell the type of items you are talking about and do it rather easily using osCommerce.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

quote was edited/removed

Who are you calling an idiot? She tried to offer some advice be it correct or not, she should still be thanked for it, and actually there are contributions that allow for file uploads and have been for a long time so I suggest you learn to search the osCommerce forum properly! Please add a link to your so complex web site I would really like to see this. Please the osCommerce support forum is a place for anyone to put in there two cents thats what makes the forum work.

Chris

1. inventory for attributes/options: qtpro or master products

2. for customer to be able to add text or uploads... Product Attributes - Option Type Feature / File Upload .7 (for PA - Option Type Feature)

Please add a link to your so complex web site I would really like to see this. Please the osCommerce support forum is a place for anyone to put in there two cents thats what makes the forum work.

Chris

Did I say that my site was complex - or did I say it had complex needs? HHMMMM? Maybe you should pay attention. And gyou can't be serious - I called her an idiot and everyone is superman now, comming to save the day? Give me a break - First of its a figure of speech. Second - She's been on here only a few days and she's posted like CRAZY. And she giving people the wrong information - that isn't helping anyone! Not to mention the fact that she's also trying to suggest someone to not use OSC where we can actually help!

halltristan - I dont see anywhere that this person asked regarding "uploads"

Thankyou for flaming me for trying to help somebody, you may be sure I will never help you

If I am stupid for suggesting a solution that I have often used and is used by both Google and Mozilla, then I think that I am in better company than you ;)

Sonia

halltristan - I dont see anywhere that this person asked regarding "uploads"

Thankyou for flaming me for trying to help somebody, you may be sure I will never help you

If I am stupid for suggesting a solution that I have often used and is used by both Google and Mozilla, then I think that I am in better company than you ;)

Sonia

Ok then, you take care - have fun posting your hundred posts a day.

Do you mean somthing like this?

http://personaliseyourgift.com/sandy-bear-p-313.html

Ofcourse just a little scaled up, my store is made with osCommerce, I'm even use Paypal for a cheap payment processor. ;)

No, I meant something like this

The original question asked for something that could handle this:

The thing is that I have no way to manage inventory of actual shirt. When people go online and select a design, they pay for it but I don't have to substract that design from inventory.. I have to substract a shirt of their choosen color, size and model

Master products does this admirably.

The Google store is running on osCommerce and the Master Products contribution is available here (for the other who likes to shout but knows nothing :P )

Sonia

Personally I think depending on the products Master Products is not the best choice. It will work with some stores and in lots of cases but QT Pro can be a much better contribution for tracking stock if you have attributes. (Wish there was an even better one actually and working on writing on)

Using Master Products with a product that has a whole bunch of options can be a total nightmare (even if it does make tracking stock easy) not only in setting it up, but then creating a layout that will work and not make the page incredibly long.

I believe "We also offer our customer to bring their own design so we can print them on the shirt." is the line that got people talking about file uploading.

I also think there is a confusion going on, when you suggested Master Products... some seem to think you were suggesting another shopping cart system not suggesting a contribution.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Size and colour (as indicated) is not "a whole bunch of options" :-"

Ok... you are smarter than the brains at Google... hey! use QT Pro and the wonderful osCommerce attributes system.... what do I care? ;)

Sonia

I never once implied I was smarter than anyone else, and you implying that is... never mind.

I also never said it wouldn't work for THIS particular store, or that this store had a ton of options. You really should fully read a post and if you can not understand the full content don't guess.

I was stating an opinion. Master Products is a great contribution. I have used it, and will use it again when I need it. But, with that said, there are some instances when it will just not work for what is needed and saying it is the end all is rather limiting when people are trying to learn and get suggestions on things they can do/use with their store.

Wendy James

The question at hand is not a general question - it is a specific question regarding clothing - t-shirts in fact

From both a coding and product management perspective, Master Products is far superior to the attributes system for this kind of product. In the hands of a skilled coder (who it was designed for) it can be made to do anything required as far as any kind of attribute is concerned.

Who said it is the "end all"..? Often I use Family Products, because it is a better solution in certain circumstances where similar logic is required.

But, the base logic for the attributes system is fatally flawed. This has long been recognised, but no attempt has been made to create something better - even the current development codebase is no better than a patch up of the same thing >_<

Sonia

Please refrain from calling people names.

There IS a contribution that allows file uploads. : ) As well as contributions that do text imprinting and so on.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1540

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160

Yes, nfuids, you can definately sell the type of items you are talking about and do it rather easily using osCommerce.

hello,

i wonder if you know a contribution that uses only file upload box or something similar that is not linked to the product as an attribute

cheers

valeri

No, I meant something like this

The original question asked for something that could handle this:

Master products does this admirably.

The Google store is running on osCommerce and the Master Products contribution is available here (for the other who likes to shout but knows nothing :P )

Sonia

Ok, I decided to go with QT Pro.

So let's say I only have one model of tshirt, with different size / color.

I also have tens of different design that can be printed on the tshirt.

I should add only 1 product to my catalog, and for that product, add the size and color attribute..

where do I add the design?

and how do I make it so that on the home page, it displays the design like if they were different product?

Thanks

Ok, I decided to go with QT Pro.

So let's say I only have one model of tshirt, with different size / color.

I also have tens of different design that can be printed on the tshirt.

I should add only 1 product to my catalog, and for that product, add the size and color attribute..

where do I add the design?

and how do I make it so that on the home page, it displays the design like if they were different product?

Thanks

just a quick bump! Any idea how to accomplish the above? thanks

Archived