• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using products_id to pass through Paypal as item_number

TechieTW

Use:

$order->products[$i]['id']

Sonia

Thank you! I have some programing knowledge but not that much with PHP (yet) :blush: .

Where would I insert this statement? Shouldn't there be some sort of 'item_number =' included used?

Don't give up. I see light ahead...!

Thank you! I have some programing knowledge but not that much with PHP (yet) :blush: .

Where would I insert this statement? Shouldn't there be some sort of 'item_number =' included used?

Yes, it would be something like:

item_number = $order->products[$i]['id'];

I dont see your code or know exactlty which module you are using, however just copy how another variable is done :)

Sonia

:thumbsup: Thanks Sonia! With your help I added the following line in /osCommerce/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php (under line 545) with successful results.

$parameters['item_number_' . $item] = $order->products[$i]['model'];

The Paypal variable 'item_number_' will be defined = to the ocCommerce item's model value. (products_model)

This is exactly what I needed to do. You could also define the item_number_ = products_id

Personally, I like the idea of using the 'model' value so it can be easily edited in the administrator module.

Now I'm stylin'! B)

I'm sorry. The correct line number is 295 in paypal_ipn.php :blush:

This is where you can define your pass through variables. Keep in mind Paypal processes only 2. (If you are not using options for your items, you can define two here.

I apologize for any confusion caused by the wrong line#.

:)