• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to add items to "Items You'll Also Like" column??

shellyky

i installed this template used here ( http://dksnet.net/store/index.php?language...04799ddf03772aa , not my site) but i erased all the 'demo' products, and now i dont know how to get any products to come up in the 2nd column "prods youll like"...

Any ideas on what to do, or where that's pulling from? There's no documentation w/ the template to tell me otherwise

sorry,

I do not know that template....

please paste the code that fills that column here,

I might be able to help you then

or perhaps it fills itself (customors who bought products from your frontpage that also bought other products)

i installed this template used here ( http://dksnet.net/store/index.php?language...04799ddf03772aa , not my site) but i erased all the 'demo' products, and now i dont know how to get any products to come up in the 2nd column "prods youll like"...

Any ideas on what to do, or where that's pulling from? There's no documentation w/ the template to tell me otherwise

That's the "Similar Products" contribution - I installed it last week, very fast & easy to do.

well it was working fine before i deleted the 'demo' products, so im assuming whatever was causing it to work, is already installed, but ive looked in the admin panel and can't seem to find anyyhing where it might be pulling the items from or associated with.... I guess if i can't get any other responses, i'll try to install that contrib.

well it was working fine before i deleted the 'demo' products, so im assuming whatever was causing it to work, is already installed, but ive looked in the admin panel and can't seem to find anyyhing where it might be pulling the items from or associated with.... I guess if i can't get any other responses, i'll try to install that contrib.

I believe there is a product catergory 'others' you need to copy some products into that catergory to show up on the homepage

I Think you're right! I added the category but nothing happened when i put a product in it (linked and copied both)...maybe there was some sort of code written in the product or the category that told it what to do - i searched all files for "other" and nothing comes up, so whatever it is, was added in the admin panel somehow...

Archived