• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal.php passing business name as item name variable & no shipping fee

lbcampagna

>>>> sorry this should be in payment modules forum...posted here by mistake <<<<

I believe that the paypal.php oscommerce script is passing the wrong variable, but don't know how to make the changes.

See: www.dev3.lawatches.com - this is the latest and new install of OSC with no changes, just configured the paypal shopping cart.

Try:

put a product in the cart.

create and account obviously.

choose paypal payment option and hit confirm.

when you hit 'confirm order' and it goes to paypal, the response comes back with the 'payment for' field complete with the 'company name' and not the products from the cart, and there is no shipping information.

Does someone know what is the variable for products? I think the wrong variable is being passed to paypal.

Paypal technical support said this....and made another recommendation with I tried, but it didn't work.

>>>>>>>>>>

The company name is coming from the script, that is something you will need to take care of. It looks lik it is only sending the company name and nothing else.

In the button code, it looks like you do not require a shipping address ('no_shipping=2' is missing) so the shipping variable is ignored and not added in. This is something you will need to look at in the configuration of the cart.

Frank I.

PayPal Merchant Technical Support

http://www.pdncommunity.com

PayPal, an eBay Company

>>>>>>>>

Also on another install I tried paypal IPN www.dev2.lawatches.com but that didn't work either, same response with bad product info field.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been at this for 48 hrs now.

thanks,

Leonard >_<

Archived