• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A few questions (please)

Blue-ice

Hi guys

The guy that made my website suddenly doesnt want to help me after he got paid.

Anyways here are my questions

1. what php file is used to edit my frontpage so i can add some test on the homepage?

2.i've installed the poll contribution from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions

,20. but what do they mean by this The file poll.sql contains the mysql table structures and should be added to your database using either phpmyadmin or from the command line. and that should do it.

can somebody guide me through this?

3. If i want to change some writing when people reach the succesfull checkout page, what php file do i go to? for egsample "your order will ship in 5 days" i want to change that, and ive checked in sucessfull_checkout.php, nothing there.

Your help on the matter will be greatly appreciated guys. thanks

1. what php file is used to edit my frontpage so i can add some test on the homepage?

index.php is actually used to control 3 of the different pages of the site. The main page, the categories page, nd the nested gategories page. The main page is in the 'else' condition towards the bottom of the file.

2.i've installed the poll contribution from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions

,20. but what do they mean by this The file poll.sql contains the mysql table structures and should be added to your database using either phpmyadmin or from the command line. and that should do it.

can somebody guide me through this?

This is an SQL file that needs to be executed against your database. Your webhost should give you access to phpmysql. go into that, and find the SQL tab, and paste the contents of the SQL file for the comtribution in there.

If would be a very good idea to back up your entire database first, as this is an older contribution, and I'm not sure it works with the most recent stable relase of osc.

If you need additional help with this task, feel free to PM me, and I'll do it for you, no charge. :-)

3. If i want to change some writing when people reach the succesfull checkout page, what php file do i go to? for egsample "your order will ship in 5 days" i want to change that, and ive checked in sucessfull_checkout.php, nothing there.

/includes/languages/english/checkout_success.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived