• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ordering system..osCommerce up for this?

matsuda

Greetings all, and thanks for great software and contributions!

I'd like to have your opinion on this; would it be possible to use osCommerce for strictly account-based ordering system? Let me explain it properly.

At the moment I'm responsible for supplies ordering system for our customers. The web-based ordering system we have now is based on a portal software and forms. There's really nothing wrong with that but as we're going to have both; more customers and more product articles, it'll be next to impossible to create new customer accounts manually. Currently I create a customer-specific form for every customer and add the required products to that form.

The required products are, luckily, based on which machine the customer uses. And ofcourse, some customers have the same machinery and therefore use the same supplies. Problem is that I can't clone these forms and have to create a new form for every customer from scratch.

So what has all this have to do with osCommerce?

After brief investigation, I decided to give osC a try in hopes of restricting access to the store by requiring a login before entrance, and assigning customers to groups, based on which machine they have and what supplies they need. Also I wouldn't want to show the customer anything but the supplies they need for their machine.

OsC offers so many interesting and useful options for me, that I find it extremely interesting. But can all above be done using it?

Thanks for your help!

regards,

Tuomo

Archived