• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Copying / Moving my entire site

Zeak2006

Hi

My site is set-up just the way I like it (afer months of work) and now I'd to duplicate the site (with the exception of the products) and reskin it so that I can use it for a different on-line store, but...

If I copy the .../cart/ directory to another server, the site links (esp in admin) just take me back to my original site on the original server.

Please help the noob!

Adam

Hi

My site is set-up just the way I like it (afer months of work) and now I'd to duplicate the site (with the exception of the products) and reskin it so that I can use it for a different on-line store, but...

If I copy the .../cart/ directory to another server, the site links (esp in admin) just take me back to my original site on the original server.

Please help the noob!

Adam

Hello Adam,

Been there, done that, its a real pain, but not that difficult to fix if you look at the paths in configure.php

admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php

You will probably see some reference to your old site ??? Change this to the new one ?

Have a look at your configure.php files and post them here (minus the password data at the bottom for safety reasons)

Steve

Hi guys

Posted this elsewhere but this may be a good place to put it.

Trying to copy my site for a new site and include products.

Have copied the database and all site pages (changing the 2 config pages)

Everytime I try my site it now tells me I am calling to an undefined function (which happens to be the index.php) it does this on all pages where this function is mentioned.

The filename page is correct as far as I am aware ie index.php is defined.

Am I overlooking something?

Cheers

Archived