• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Help - No record of orders - No notifications

MadMermaids

Hi

All was working fine with the shop untill. Last week I got notification of a customer payment from Paypal but nothing from the shop. I checked in the admin part and found the customer details but no orders were recorded.

I made a successful purchase, the order was recorded in the admin part of the shop and the shop owner received an E-mail from the shop detailing the order. So I thought that all was OK untill today... when I recieved another notification from paypal, customer details have again been recorded but no order has been recorded in the shop.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

John

Hi

All was working fine with the shop untill. Last week I got notification of a customer payment from Paypal but nothing from the shop. I checked in the admin part and found the customer details but no orders were recorded.

I made a successful purchase, the order was recorded in the admin part of the shop and the shop owner received an E-mail from the shop detailing the order. So I thought that all was OK untill today... when I recieved another notification from paypal, customer details have again been recorded but no order has been recorded in the shop.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

John

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for the IPN advise I have downloaded it... how do I install it? I tried uploading it to includes/modules/payment but that didn't work. Also I have just changed the auto return setting in paypal.

Hi John,

I just had the same problem, there is a contribution for paypal ipn v1.3, download that.

Now there is a ext folder you must add to the store root directory "catalog".

Then there are 2 php files in the downloaded contribution.

The files are shown in there respective directory structure.

catalog/includes/laguages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

make sure the right file goes into the tight directory on your server.

remove/uninstall the old paypal module

then install the new one.

It seems to work but now my orders aren't emailed to me. They show up in the orders page though, so its a step in the right direction.

Tim