The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Auction Module

deathgod

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tryed the code above this way:

INSERT INTO `table_auction_bids` (`auctions_bids_id`, `auctions_id`, `customers_id`, `bid_price', `bid_status`, `bid_date_added`) VALUES (``,`$auction_id`,`$customers_id`,`$bid_price`, ``, now());

But the mysql gives an error:

ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 182

Wheare is that unclosed quote?

Hello

@csaba : if you want some help, give us always the complete path of the file generating the error: " catalog/someFolder/someSubFolderIfNeeded/someFile.php " and few lines before and after the said line.

No chance otherwise.

dimitryous

Edited by dimitryous

Could you please keep discussions about testing your site in a PM? Thanks.

@Jango : Sorry, I will do it but sometimes I forget it.

1 - on my test site: amazing the engine is accepting lower bid than the one on the top of the bidding list. This is true for anybody logged-in and bidding.

2 - if I login and make a new bid (higher than my precedent bid) the bidding list always show a date/time "0000-00-00 00:00:00"

3 - the only case where the date/time is correct is for a brand new bidder (logged-in of course)

4 - in the admin part, if I change the end date with the calendar and click on "update" button, the date/time is reset to "0000-00-00 00:00:00". I have to phpMyAdmin the record to get it back to a correct value in the future.

5 - it does not seem the javascript engine is very synchronized with my computer clock: few minutes after the deadline (3-5) the counter is still running...

6 - the "Terms and conditions" link is not functionnal

7 - the overbid feature is not functionnal either

8 - I try to figure out why with my debugger...

Strange enough...

dimitryous

Edited by dimitryous

@dimitryous: Check my post at the top of page 8, I have almost all bugs listed. ;)

@JangoF: I did printed the whole stuff in a .pdf file.

My post was not a contribution to this topic, rather to relay my own experience trying to solve problems.

I do'nt feel sorry.

dimitryous.

• 3 weeks later...

Will there be a new Full version soon with all the fixes? I'm looking forward to it.

I just installed the last contribute by marcusdesign titled 'Auctions v1.4.4' dated July 3, 2007 BUT it didn't seem to work. I installed on a clean osCommcerce 2.2.

• 4 weeks later...

Because we had so many auctions and only the winner gets notified, I had to manually go through each auction to see which had bids on it, which ones had been won and so on. Rather tedious and painful when you're talking about hundreds of auctions.

Therefore I made the following changes so that:

* Everyone who bids gets notified via email whether its an outbid or the first bid on the auction

* We get notified whenever someone bids so that we can keep track of bids and know which auctions to review

In \includes\languages\english\auctions.php

Changed to:

define('AUCTION_HIGHER_BID_NOTIFY_EMAIL','Hi [customer_firstname] [customer_lastname], you have either just entered a succesful bid, or someone has recently outbid you on the following auction: [auction_url]');
define('AUCTION_HIGHER_BID_NOTIFY_EMAIL_SUBJECT','Auction Bid or Outbid Notification!');

and in \product_info.php

changed from:

$sql_customer = 'select customers_lastname, customers_firstname,customers_email_address from '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c,". TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS." ab  where c.customers_id=ab.customers_id and ab.auctions_id= '$auction_id' and ab.bid_price<".(int)$bid_price."";
$acustomer_query = tep_db_query($sql_customer);

while ($acustomer = tep_db_fetch_array($acustomer_query)) {

$acustomer_firstname = $acustomer['customers_firstname'];
 $acustomer_lastname = $acustomer['customers_lastname'];
 $acustomer_email = $acustomer['customers_email_address'];
 $acustomer_name = $customer_firstname.' '.$customer_lastname;
 $auction_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id='.$products_id);
 $email_text = str_replace('[customer_firstname]',$acustomer_firstname,str_replace('[customer_lastname]',$acustomer_lastname,str_replace('[customer_email]',$acustomer_email,str_replace('[auction_name]',$auction_name,str_replace('[auction_url]',$auction_url,str_replace('[bid_price]',$bid_price,AUCTION_HIGHER_BID_NOTIFY_EMAIL))))));

tep_mail($customer_firstname, $acustomer_email, AUCTION_HIGHER_BID_NOTIFY_EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
}

to:

$sql_customer = 'select customers_lastname, customers_firstname,customers_email_address from '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c,". TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS." ab  where c.customers_id=ab.customers_id and ab.auctions_id= '$auction_id'";
$acustomer_query = tep_db_query($sql_customer);

while ($acustomer = tep_db_fetch_array($acustomer_query)) {

$acustomer_firstname = $acustomer['customers_firstname'];
 $acustomer_lastname = $acustomer['customers_lastname'];
 $acustomer_email = $acustomer['customers_email_address'];
 $acustomer_name = $customer_firstname.' '.$customer_lastname;
 $auction_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id='.$products_id);
 $email_text = str_replace('[customer_firstname]',$acustomer_firstname,str_replace('[customer_lastname]',$acustomer_lastname,str_replace('[customer_email]',$acustomer_email,str_replace('[auction_name]',$auction_name,str_replace('[auction_url]',$auction_url,str_replace('[bid_price]',$bid_price,AUCTION_HIGHER_BID_NOTIFY_EMAIL))))));

tep_mail($customer_firstname, $acustomer_email, AUCTION_HIGHER_BID_NOTIFY_EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 tep_mail($customer_firstname, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, AUCTION_HIGHER_BID_NOTIFY_EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
}

This means that the email goes out on any bid not just overbids, and by adding the second tep_mail at the bottom it sends a second email out to the store owners email address.

Obviously if you're getting a lot of bids this could end up being painful, inundating your inbox, but we find it useful at the moment until an update either notify's when an aution ends to the store owner (including winning bidder details) or the ADMIN control panel has some method of listing auctions which have ended with winning bids.

Still hoping for the ability to delete a bid if we want to remove one, anyone have a solution to this??

Edited by czarbjones

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I rceived an error states that

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_end_auction_valid() in /home/rezolles/public_html/includes/modules/auction_bids.php on line 58

after an auction ended.

What should i do?

Im using Auctions v1.4.4 files.

Thx

Hello I am currently installing the Auction Mod everything is working fin was able to set up an auction however when I try to view the item I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/apnpets/public_html/product_info.php on line 100

Copied from the folder so I am not sure what is wrong this is the code I copied:

<!-- bof added by [email protected] for auction product contribution -->			  			<?php			 if ($auction_product) { 	  ?>			  <tr><td class="stockWarning"><?php echo TEXT_AUCTION_PRODUCT_TITLE; ?></td></tr>			  <tr>				<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>			  </tr>	  			<?php } // end if 			?>	  			<!-- eof added by [email protected] for auction product contr

If anyone could help with a suggestion I would be greatful. Really can't wait to get this one working on the site!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. On the contribution page it says the script is not complete yet, as of November 2006. What about now? Is it fully working?

I have a client who's looking for some kind of auction and I was wondering if I could offer him this.

Any thoughts, people?

TIA

Patty

Im also curious if you guys are still writing on this one, as im interested in it aswell, only problem is that I dont tend to use unfinished code :-).

Would be awesome if you guys were still working on it, as its quiet a nice mod for OSC!.

Cheers and good work,

Andree

Im also curious if you guys are still writing on this one, as im interested in it aswell, only problem is that I dont tend to use unfinished code :-).

Would be awesome if you guys were still working on it, as its quiet a nice mod for OSC!.

Cheers and good work,

Andree

Hi ya all,

At the moment the auction script is down. No one is busy trying to update this contribution, but as far as I know there are some people (me also) who are gonna work with it again. It's just that we need the time to do it.

Marcus

I was able to get the term/conditions link to work finaly

4. Link to Terms & Condition does not work properly at present, neither does the checkbox.

In includes\modules\auction_bids.php after the first ?>, insert:

<script language="Javascript">

function termWindow() {

window.open ("auction_terms.php");

}

</SCRIPT>

Find:

<td class="main"><a href="java script:void(0);" onclick="NewWindow('<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_AUCTION_TERMS); ?>','auction_terms','400','300','yes');return false"><?php echo CONDITIONS; ?>:</a></td>

<td onclick="window.document.auction_bid.agree.checked = !window.document.auction_bid.agree.checked;" align="right" width="20px"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('agree','true', false, 'onclick="window.document.auction_bid.agree.checked = !window.document.auction_bid.agree.checked;"'); ?></td>

Replace with:

<td class="main"><a href="java script:termWindow();">Terms & Conditions</a></td>

Instead I replaced with

<td class="main"><a href="auction_terms.php"target="_blank">Terms & Conditions</a></td>

This will open the terms in a new window and you still have to manualy check the box

and you dont need to add the script at the top.

can anyone tell me why I dont get winning bidder E-mails?

Edited by 20Bps

Latest extra function in general.php does not work for me.

function tep_end_auction_valid() {

$auction_cfg_end_query = mysql_fetch_object(tep_db_query('select configuration_value from ' . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . ' where configuration_key = 'AUCTION_END_OPTIONS''));

if ($auction_cfg_end_query->configuration_value == 1) {

$auction_cfg_end = '<table><tr><td class="main">' . MESSAGE_AUCTION_OVER . '</td></tr></table>';

}

return $auction_cfg_end;

}

I changed to:

function tep_end_auction_valid() {

if (AUCTION_END_OPTIONS == 1) {

$auction_cfg_end = '<table><tr><td class="main">' . MESSAGE_AUCTION_OVER . '</td></tr></table>';

}

return $auction_cfg_end;

}

Now it works for me...

Regards,

Alex

How did you solved the timestamp and the overbid amount problem?

Change in product_info.php

This:

$sql_auction = 'update '.TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS." set auctions_id='$auction_id',bid_price= '$bid_price', bid_date_added= 'now()' where auctions_id='$auction_id' and customers_id='$customers_id'";

to this

$sql_auction = 'update '.TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS." set auctions_id='$auction_id',bid_price= '$bid_price', bid_date_added= now() where auctions_id='$auction_id' and customers_id='$customers_id'";

Regards,

Alex

Edited by lazylex

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I finally got the Auction Contribution installed, I set up an auction but it is not showing on the site. Can anyone help me if I need to create an auction category or should the product show up on the front page any advice would be helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_products_auction_price() (previously declared in /hermes/bosweb13/b1035/ipw.princed/public_html/OsCommerce/includes/functions/general.php:1257) in /hermes/bosweb13/b1035/ipw.princed/public_html/OsCommerce/includes/functions/general.php on line 1338

Please help me, this is my first ecommerce store, and already seeing so many errors T____________________T

my php and mysql are Version 5+

I tried to install the latest version...

Edited by Starznyc

Hello, I have used this script before on another site but with the one that I am working on now it has mySQL 5 and I believe this is a mySQL 5 error. Does anyone know how to fix this? This appears in the admin/auctions.php file

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, a.auctions_id, a.auctions_starting_price, a.auctions_date_added, a.auctions_last_modified, a.expires_date, a.date_status_change, a.status,a.overbid_amount from products p, auctions a, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = a.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Thanks,

Zach

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I have used this script before on another site but with the one that I am working on now it has mySQL 5 and I believe this is a mySQL 5 error. Does anyone know how to fix this? This appears in the admin/auctions.php file

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

This has nothing to do with MySQL 5 specifically, but is a generic SQL error.

I believe the correct syntax for 'limit' is: limit <starting record>, <number of records>, and as such, sql would return a syntax error as in the case above when trying to start at record -20, which will never exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there someone who has already found a solution for the problem that you can place bids below the start price and with overbid amount that is lower than the amount set in the admin panel?

I've seen this issue been discussed a few times but i can't find the solution in hte forum.

Help would be appreciated!