• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 part problem regarding the searchbox.

Trentide

And how do I fix the button_quick_find_gif so it aligns. Actually I would like to get rid of it completely and add another .gif. I would still need to find out how to align it though.

Thanks In Advance,

-Jason-

Sorry it wouldn't let me edit my own post. I think I would like to get rid of the quick_find logo completely. Wait a minute, I have three questions. How do you put the word "Search" in the text entry box of the searchbox? Wheehh! That's a lot of questions. Sorry and thanks!

Thanks In Advance,

-Jason-

The simplest way to align the button is to create a gif image with a transparent area to move the visible button exactly where you want :)

You can edit the "quick find" text in /includes/languages/english.php to:

define('BOX_HEADING_SEARCH', '');

Make sure you leave the quotes...

To put the text in the search box, in /includes/boxes/search.php change:

tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"')

to:

tep_draw_input_field('keywords','Enter search term ...','onfocus="this.value=\'\'" size="10" maxlength="30" class="searchForm" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"')

Thats it! You can change the width of the text area by adjusting the '(BOX_WIDTH-30)', eg. -10

Sonia

thank you thank you thank you. You're a dream come true!!!

I was able to substitute the lame quick find logo with a transparent gif.

And, enter "Search" in the search box.

But I don't understand this part:

You can edit the "quick find" text in /includes/languages/english.php to:

CODE

define('BOX_HEADING_SEARCH', '');

Does that help me with getting rid of the box and background in the searchbox?

Thanks Again,

-Jason-

Sorry, missed that!

Simply change your entire file to:

<?php
/*
 $Id: search.php Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Modified by Xgraphico - Copyright (c) 2006
 http://xgraphico.com

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- search //-->
	  <tr>
		<td align="center" class="smallText">
<?php
echo tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get');
echo tep_draw_input_field('keywords','Search ...','onfocus="this.value=\'\'" size="10" maxlength="30" class="searchForm" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '<br>' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH) . '"><b>' . BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH . '</b></a>';

?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- search_eof //-->

Sonia

That worked. Thank you profusely!!! One last thing, if you don't mind....The advanced search link seems to be too far from the search box; is there a way to delete the space between the two? And the searchbox doesn't go to the top of the left column just below the header. It's like 3 or 4 spaces down. Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

If you are not using the search text, you can remove:

'<br>' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT .

The distance from the top is in the main <table> tag on each page just above the call to the left column:

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

You can adjust the cellpadding and cellspacing to your liking, but you must do it on each page in the catalog directory (nice dezzign huh?? :huh: )

Sonia

Archived