• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support with New Products box

Hi! :)

I need help with the 'New Products' box. I'd like to be able to randomize it. I've been adding a lot of the same item in different sizes but it keeps showing the same picture in the new products box because thats the last thing I added but in many different sizes. Is there any way to randomize this so it doesn't pick up the same item over & over again but in different sizes? :blink: :'(

In admin "configuration", "maximum values" there is a setting for "selection of random new products" - edit this to a bigger number :)

Sonia

In admin "configuration", "maximum values" there is a setting for "selection of random new products" - edit this to a bigger number :)

Sonia

It hasn't made a difference. Probably because everything I've entered this month is the same thing but in different sizes. Is there any way I can change this from 'What's New' THIS month to what's new in the past 6 months?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also trying to change the order of the appearance of the New Products. I have been playing with the "order by" code to get the products arranged alphabetically but have had no luck. I'd like the items sorted by product_name which appears in the PRODUCT_DESCRIPTION table. Is there an easy way to change the code without creating a whole new query? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Archived