• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Well's Fargo Merchant Services

hominid4

We accept credit cards through our Well's Fargo Merchant Services account and I've been trying to find where I can add this via the Payment Modules but can't see where I can do so? Is this possible to do or to I have to use one of the existing modules, such as Authorize.net, iPayment, etc. I thought I could add my information under the Credit Card module but don't see that I can.

Thanks for any help!

To accept credit cards on the internet, you need a merchant account AND payment gateway. You have the merchant account, so all you need to do now is find a gateway service like authorize.net. Shop around as prices vary wildly and choose one that has a well supported module already developed.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

If there isn't a gateway service, is the only way to take credit card payments is to have the credit card info sent to us and us then manually process the credit card with our merchant account? Our payments go directly to our business checking account.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
If there isn't a gateway service, is the only way to take credit card payments is to have the credit card info sent to us and us then manually process the credit card with our merchant account? Our payments go directly to our business checking account.

Thanks!

Most any of the gateway services, such as authorize.net or payflow can be used with your merchant account at Wells Fargo. You can probably just call up Wells and ask them to set you up with a gateway. Auth.net is the dominant provider of such gateway services but there are a variety that you could use (they are not expensive, $0-$10 / month + 0.05 to 0.10 / transaction). Then you will install the auth.net payment module into your oscommerce store (assuming that it has not yet been installed) and enter your auth.net number into the settings.

The other way that you can do it is to use the "Credit Card" module, which basically just stores their credit card data into your database. You then key-enter it into your regular credit card terminal. However, this is less ideal because you are running a huge security risk having access to your customers card numbers.

Here is a link that explains it in more detail - http://www.informed-merchant.com/articles/...t-gateways.html

Edited by seanharper