• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL questions

macombmarineparts

Hello!!

I have purchased a SSL Cert. and have been trying to get the SSL working on my site. I have followed the instuction for mod's to the include/config and admin/include/config files. Should my site be going to an SSL when someone enters the add new account section? or view account ? or checkout even if its only paypal as a choice??

Thanks

Pete

...Should my site be going to an SSL when someone enters the add new account section? or view account ? or checkout even if its only paypal as a choice??

Thanks

Pete

The key to the SSL thing is the two configure.php files (assuming your SSL certificate is installed/working properly), and precisely, only the first few lines of the two files are relevant (so look no further!). The osc team are intelligent enough to have put in code in ALL the files such as login, account, checkout that really need SSL protection, and if it detects SSL exists, it will automatically switch to https://domain.com. So you do NOT need to worry about which section needs protection. Just focus on getting right the two configure.php files.

Get your configure.php files right. That's all you need to do!

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

The key to the SSL thing is the two configure.php files (assuming your SSL certificate is installed/working properly), and precisely, only the first few lines of the two files are relevant (so look no further!). The osc team are intelligent enough to have put in code in ALL the files such as login, account, checkout that really need SSL protection, and if it detects SSL exists, it will automatically switch to https://domain.com. So you do NOT need to worry about which section needs protection. Just focus on getting right the two configure.php files.

Get your configure.php files right. That's all you need to do!

Ken

Had the cookies section set wrong - its up and running!! THANKS!

Had the cookies section set wrong - its up and running!! THANKS!

Hi,

I have just enable the SSL for my website, but now its telling me that I have to enable the cookies in my browser when I enter an SSL protected page. Can you tell me what I have to change in order to solve this problem. My browser has cookies anable so its not a problem with my browser.

Thanks

Archived