• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moved to a new domain on another server but it doesn't work

ihbergin

I've moved the website over to another server and a different domain so it now has a different URL. The new server had already OSCommerce installed. I don't want to lose all the over 1000 products I have spent months adding so I did a backup on both the new server and the old server (the version on the old server is still up and running). I copied the filename of the backup from the old server and re-named the backup from the new server.

I uploaded the whole contents from the old site to the new one and did a Backup - Restore. Everything seemed to work fine until I found out that if you click on something on the new server it sends you back to the old server. How can I change the URL for the site? If I remove everything from the old server the new site will be useless because it refers to a site that doesn't exist.

I've changed design on the new site but it still refers back to the style sheet on the old site. I've not found a reference to site URL on any of the PHP files so where does OSCommerce take that information from? I'm dreading having to go in to MySQL and change it from there.

I'll be very thankful for help with this

Helena

I've moved the website over to another server and a different domain so it now has a different URL. The new server had already OSCommerce installed. I don't want to lose all the over 1000 products I have spent months adding so I did a backup on both the new server and the old server (the version on the old server is still up and running). I copied the filename of the backup from the old server and re-named the backup from the new server.

I uploaded the whole contents from the old site to the new one and did a Backup - Restore. Everything seemed to work fine until I found out that if you click on something on the new server it sends you back to the old server. How can I change the URL for the site? If I remove everything from the old server the new site will be useless because it refers to a site that doesn't exist.

I've changed design on the new site but it still refers back to the style sheet on the old site. I've not found a reference to site URL on any of the PHP files so where does OSCommerce take that information from? I'm dreading having to go in to MySQL and change it from there.

I'll be very thankful for help with this

Helena

Is your includes/config.php on the new server changed to reflect the new url

Archived