• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding special box in OSC home page: possible?

arrakis9

Hi all, I have been browsing a lot in knowledge base and forums, but couldn't find any answer to my specific need.

I want to add 2 big boxes in the center of home page, the two boxes will have as title: "Special offers" and "New Products", and inside these boxes there will be product icons and prices, but the products shown needs to be choosen by the owner of the on line shop, and not be an automatic list.

For example the "New products" shouldn't be a list of the latest products added, but certain choosen ones, because the owner can add more accessories and cheap products even after he added more important new ones that needs to be highlighted on the home page.

Same story with "Special offers" box.

Is that possible to do with OSC? Do I need to install plug-ins or something?

I hope that I explained myself clearly and sorry for my not good english.

Thanks you all in advance for any suggestion.

For example the "New products" shouldn't be a list of the latest products added, but certain choosen ones, because the owner can add more accessories and cheap products even after he added more important new ones that needs to be highlighted on the home page.

The featured products contribution should do this.

Same story with "Special offers" box.

I think there are a few of these. You can do a search in the contributions section.

Cathi

Archived