• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal orders not Completing

Kyle22

to start off, when my customers choose to pay upon delivery everything works fine.

but when my customers place their order and pay through PayPal, i recieve their payment, but the order is not stored, or emailed to me, and the customers have no idea that this has occured. therefor i have to phone and ask what they ordered. and when they go back to check their shopping carts, there is nothing left in them.

does anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden?

to start off, when my customers choose to pay upon delivery everything works fine.

but when my customers place their order and pay through PayPal, i recieve their payment, but the order is not stored, or emailed to me, and the customers have no idea that this has occured. therefor i have to phone and ask what they ordered. and when they go back to check their shopping carts, there is nothing left in them.

does anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden?

Hi, I had / have the same problem. What I was told it that this problem occurs when used does not click the link "Back To Merchant Store" on the Paypal last page.

Although you get paid the order is not registered in your store as the process was technically not complete if you do not get to the sucess page.

Also make sure that you have the "Auto Return" feature turned on in Paypal profile/web payments options. The URL needs to be set to https://yourdomain/cataloge/success.php.

Hope this helps. Here is the link to the PayPal IPN module contribution that can deal with this issue. I have the same issue now but intend to install this contribution this week.

You may want to check this thread as I was also confused when trying to choose what to download and install: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=235420&hl=

Also check this as it was really a great simple suggestion on how to minimize with the problem while you are fixing: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,paypal

I personally think paypal should address this or else they will use more OScommerce users as other gateway options such as googlecheckout and such become more readily avaialable.

Later,

I woke up yesterday to the same issue. I had a payment but no record of what she bought. I checked paypal and the buyer was unregisteres so I knew she was a newbie paypal user.

I installed Paypal IPN and I did the thing at paypal with having the buyers redirected to the checkout_success.php page when they are finished. I then tested it both as a registered buyer and got redirected just fine and the order complete. I also tested it as an unregistered buyer and in that situation you do not get redirected back to checkout_success.php. There is an itty bitty link to go back to the merchant to complete the order process but very easy to miss.

The other bad thing about the redirection from paypal is that if you use it for more than one business (which I do) whenever you get a payment you can't choose where to send them. You make one selection only. I have two sites that use oscommerce and one site at citymax, so this does not work well for me.

I had read about a contribution called "held order" and downloaded it but have not installed it as you have to do mysql query and I know nothing about how to do that. From what I understand this contribution keeps track of orders even if the customer doesn't seem to complete them. That way if you get a payment you can try to match it up to the orders. This will probably be my next step.

I had read about a contribution called "held order" and downloaded it but have not installed it as you have to do mysql query and I know nothing about how to do that. From what I understand this contribution keeps track of orders even if the customer doesn't seem to complete them. That way if you get a payment you can try to match it up to the orders. This will probably be my next step.

Came back to say that I just installed this, was rather long in the editing but the sql query thing was nothing. I just googled how to do it, found it and did it. Easy. I'll be testing this tomorrow morning. Long night last night watching election returns. Yawn. Tomorrow I will probably also try to install pay without account. My current citymax site uses a paypal shopping cart and I hate to make my returning customers go through so many hoops just to buy from my new site.

Archived