• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MYSQLadmin/phpmyadmin

rusty1001

Hi All

"Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

Running on local machine..

Anyone feel like helping a dummy >_< !!

I did a silly thing a thought that I was granting more privileges in phpmyadmin when I infact I think I removed them to the root user...dumb I know...

Anyway I had this error message before (by the way this is for running on the local machine, I had a nice little copy running offline to test and play around with) .Anyway there seems to be a lot of documentation on this , not sure now if it is phpmyadmin or mysql prob. but I need to basically start again, I have deleted uninstalled, gone through command line procedures in mysql ,

confused now,

does anyone have a definitive way to fix this problem?

and I am sure it will help alot of people in the future, in the mysqladmin the root user does is greay out where there is the password where Ii think it was ok for before that, I can create a 'localhost' for the root user and it is ok and new users have all the right privs. but I think that this is hireical(?) problem, any nothing seems to be getting past this, if I try to ldo this on the local on phpmyadmin with another user that is valid in mysql database .. nothing...nothing for root user,,, there seems to be no database connection.(I have the passowrd for the mysql and it works, but does not with phpmyadmin in config.inc.php)

Is there is a quick fix or if there is away to uninstall, which I have done and removed folders that does not seem to have memory of this mistake , but that has not helped.

Help!

Regards

Russell

Help!

Rusty

-------------------------------------------

Hi All

"Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

Running on local machine..

Anyone feel like helping a dummy >_< !!

I did a silly thing a thought that I was granting more privileges in phpmyadmin when I infact I think I removed them to the root user...dumb I know...

Anyway I had this error message before (by the way this is for running on the local machine, I had a nice little copy running offline to test and play around with) .Anyway there seems to be a lot of documentation on this , not sure now if it is phpmyadmin or mysql prob. but I need to basically start again, I have deleted uninstalled, gone through command line procedures in mysql ,

confused now,

does anyone have a definitive way to fix this problem?

and I am sure it will help alot of people in the future, in the mysqladmin the root user does is greay out where there is the password where Ii think it was ok for before that, I can create a 'localhost' for the root user and it is ok and new users have all the right privs. but I think that this is hireical(?) problem, any nothing seems to be getting past this, if I try to ldo this on the local on phpmyadmin with another user that is valid in mysql database .. nothing...nothing for root user,,, there seems to be no database connection.(I have the passowrd for the mysql and it works, but does not with phpmyadmin in config.inc.php)

Is there is a quick fix or if there is away to uninstall, which I have done and removed folders that does not seem to have memory of this mistake , but that has not helped.

Help!

Regards

Russell

Help!

Hi

pc Win xp home,

cheers

Rusty

-------------------------------------------

Archived