osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why is this e-Cart better than VP-ASP??

KAT_Ayanami

Hi, Im trying to decide between:

VP-ASP and osCommerce.

So far, I like

* osCommerce:

- It has an easier way to change between english and spanish without extra complications or work.

- Paypal can be easily integrated as a payment method.

* VP-ASP:

- The admin panel is WAY (and I mean WAY!) better than osCommerce in terms of practicallity, looks, organization and work.

Some comments or sugestions?

Kat.

Well, so far you have listed two front-end benefits of osCommerce, and zero for VP-ASP. IMO, admin advantages don't count for anything because your customers don't care how you administrate your store.

I am not very familiar with VP-ASP, but I would swear by osCommerce.

Rob

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

admin advantages don't count for anything because your customers don't care how you administrate your store.

I am not very familiar with VP-ASP, but I would swear by osCommerce.

Well, admin advantages always count as a time saver.

Not only looks easier, but also seems better. Thats why Im asking somebody with more experience than me to tell me why to choose osCommerce.

BTW, Is my imagination, or osCommerce has so little security, that you have to put a password through the FTP File Manager to the admin folder?

Kat

PS: Im sending you a link with the other e-Cart so you can tell me.

Thanks

It's kind of hard to compare a $250 shopping cart to a free one. At that price you have a lot of choices.

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

It's kind of hard to compare a $250 shopping cart to a free one. At that price you have a lot of choices.

It has a free version too ^_^U I dont know if I am allowed to put links, but Im sure that Im not, so just look for VP-ASP, they have their info, versions, and online demo on their website.

[Please, note that Im not making any kind of SPAM, Im just trying to compare two products, which I think is completely right and normal.]

Kat :)

Archived