• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First time install of a module

Hi, this is my first time installing a module -

I'm getting this error in my admin panel

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/.gravedancer/activebeauty/active-beauty.com/admin/includes/boxes/tools.php on line 33

I imported the database and everything seemed ok - this error prevents me from doing anything at all on the admin of the store

I want the feed to display on mainpage.php - that's the only deviation I made from the intstructions -

can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

So, I uninstalled each piece of the instructions from the bottom up and when I got to removal of

this step:

7) In admin/includes/boxes/tools.php,

Find:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER . '</a><br>' .

Add after it:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RSS_NEWS_CREATE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_RSS_NEWS_CREATE . '</a><br>' .

The mistake in the admin was gone....and I was able to perform other admin functions so I know that somehow this caused it - does anyone know WHY? or How to fix it?

Thanks

Did you read the "Read Me" File of that module I just install it on my test site and it works

I did - I followed it exactly - step by step -

the only thing I noticed when going over it again...when I got here:

Find:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER . '</a><br>' .

MY file didnt have this line so I just copied it and added it - along with the second line hat was supposed to be added.

I initailly wanted the module to display in the mainpage.php so I placed the display code there...when it didnt display there, I placed it in left column - it did display there, but with an error that through my site into bonkers alignment ...

I did - I followed it exactly - step by step -

the only thing I noticed when going over it again...when I got here:

Find:

MY file didnt have this line so I just copied it and added it - along with the second line hat was supposed to be added.

I initailly wanted the module to display in the mainpage.php so I placed the display code there...when it didnt display there, I placed it in left column - it did display there, but with an error that through my site into bonkers alignment ...

did you create a folder called "feeds" in the root directory of your online store?

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

It is very obvious from ur error that u have 1 bracket ) missing or u added stuff after ur bracket was closed. Post ur tools.php file here...I think its a 1 small error...which can be fixed easily

i thought it may be something like that...I'll be able to come back and post it up in a bout 2hours or so...I'm in NYC, USA - I have to go and VOTE!!!

thanks for the heads up be back in a few!