• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Totals

magicdan

After adding all of my products ive turned my attention to the payment process and noticed an issue that hasn't gone away. Firstly, on the basic paypal module that came installed with 2.2, the totals for the shopping cart were not being sent to paypal when they are presented with the login or enter credit card screen.

I thought this might be worth upgrading the module to the IPN contributor module that enables the additional paypal features but it seems that I am left with the same problems.

On closer inspection and working backwards, the source code of the final stage of the checkout process lists the hidden paypal amount field as 0. So clearly this has to do with OScommerce. Whats frustrating is that the summary above the form field used to submit the payment details to paypal, lists all of the totals correctly - does anyone know of a fix? or why this is happening, Im thinking I may have set something wrong in the options, but going through all the sourcecode is a daunting prospect!

I noticed an open bug request regarding this issue so im sure the other posters would appreciate some clarification on this.

Cheers

Dan

Archived