• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Price: 3 Prices fields

My suggestion:

I think we need three price fields, and they go as follows:

1. Retail or list price

2. Our price (normal price off of list)

3. Sale price (sale off our normal and list price)

This is very needed in the area of musical instrument sales. A good example is: http://www.musiciansfriend.com

It's called Specials  :)  

It does have that job, where you can give a product one price, ten in the specials area of the admin, set a lower 'special' price.

I am aware of the specials function. Did you follow the link to Musicians friend? What I need to to display how much off of list AND how much off of our "everyday low price" the customer is getting.

Currently osC has prices 2 & 3 down, however, we should have a retail/ list price field put into the current CVS.

Adding the List price would not be terribly hard as I am seeing it at the moment as only needing to really display on the product_info.php page.

At least that is how I would envision the use of it ... although it would not be hard to add in other locations either with modifications to currencies.php display function.

The list price can then be shown on product_info.php with the minimal amount of work/editing.

Adding it to the Admin is like duplicating the products_price field.

My suggestion:

I think we need three price fields, and they go as follows:

1. Retail or list price

2. Our price (normal price off of list)

3. Sale price (sale off our normal and list price)

This is very needed in the area of musical instrument sales. A good example is: http://www.musiciansfriend.com

Is this what you might be looking for:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/working/...&products_id=27

Secret Steve

You are starting to look very much like a spammer of the forums.

Can you add something of value to your posts, cos otherwise you are taking up space that could be filled with something useful!

I dont mean to sound off, but why post about something that somebody else might find useful, let THEM tell us if it is.

CC[/i]

I will try to have this v4.0 out asap as a lot of folks are needing it.

Silly clients have been wanting me to fix their computers and interrupting my coding time ... go figure :rolleyes:

I will try to have this v4.0 out asap as a lot of folks are needing it.

Is this solution using a field in the database, the reason I ask is because, like you said: a lot of flks are needing it. I hope the this can be incorperated into the CVS! And if the current fix is by using a comment then that works, for now but The best fix would be for this to be in the DB.

New fields and the ability to override a global default setting using a comment in the product name.

The comment is more or less for when you set the show rebate savings off and decide on one product you want it on.

Otherwise, all the field for List Price and Rebates are additional price fields you complete in Admin just like the existing Price field.

The comment is more or less for when you set the show rebate savings off and decide on one product you want it on.

Otherwise, all the field for List Price and Rebates are additional price fields you complete in Admin just like the existing Price field.

Very cool, I'm excited about the next release! :)

I had to make something similar. Only registered customers can see the list price, for any regular anonym visitor the shop works like a simple catalog. I made a new public_price field in the table of product, and hacked all the pages.

<% BD %>

• 10 months later...

Was 4.0 released? If so, where can I find the contribution (it doesn't seem that the name of the contributon was ever mentioned in this thread)?

• 1 year later...

Can somebody please tell me what this is your using for multiple prices, i am requiring exaclty what is shown on http://www.musiciansfriend.com with 3 prices

basically i wanna have it in the admin near price so i would enter 3 prices as apposed to one.

RRP - ?299.99

Sale Price - ?249.00

Special Price - ?199.00

I have been looking for days and this forum seems to be the only place i can find that mention it.

PLEASE help somebody i would be forever greatful

:'(

• 5 weeks later...

I tried to figure out how to download that contribution but I must be super blonde today because I couldn't get it right. lol Can anyone tell me how?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

• 3 years later...

Hello all

I am wondering if anyone ever found a solution to the original post question of displaying three prices:

This is what I would like to show:

RRP: $99 Our Price: $89 Today only: $69.95

Is this possible and if so, how - any help greatly appreciated.

You may add two new fields in products table, and changes would we required in some other pages, so you can add new price on that field.

When I was born, I was cryed and everyone around me was smiling.

Live our life so at the end,

I am the one who is smiling and everyone around me is crying.

You may add two new fields in products table, and changes would we required in some other pages, so you can add new price on that field.

Thanks, yes this makes sense. Unfortunately, I would need help to identify all of the changes that would be required.

Can anyone help with this please?

Archived