• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customizing a template

bitznbytes

I've aquired a skin/template that i've uploaded over my initial oscommerce default setup. My problem is that this template now only has a left column and because of the template install over my initial setup the right column is now gone. In addition, the page is now centered and set at a specific width. That is somewhat fine. I've figured out that the left column width can be altered by editing the 'application_top.php' file and the fonts/color can be edited using the stylesheet.css file. My problem is the following:

1. I can't seem to find a way to edit the entire width of the shopping cart. I want to make the centered page wider and/or default to the entire width of a browsers resolution.

2. Can I also add a right column again? If so, what file should I be looking at?

3. Can I add the following features:

- Best Sellers

4. When a user buys an item, is there a way to have the shopping cart 'suggest other items' related to the one they bought?

Any help would be apprecaited.

B

I've aquired a skin/template that i've uploaded over my initial oscommerce default setup. My problem is that this template now only has a left column and because of the template install over my initial setup the right column is now gone. In addition, the page is now centered and set at a specific width. That is somewhat fine. I've figured out that the left column width can be altered by editing the 'application_top.php' file and the fonts/color can be edited using the stylesheet.css file. My problem is the following:

1. I can't seem to find a way to edit the entire width of the shopping cart. I want to make the centered page wider and/or default to the entire width of a browsers resolution.

2. Can I also add a right column again? If so, what file should I be looking at?

3. Can I add the following features:

- Best Sellers

4. When a user buys an item, is there a way to have the shopping cart 'suggest other items' related to the one they bought?

Any help would be apprecaited.

B

Not knowing the template that will be kind of hard. However:

1) the width may be set in catalog/stylesheet.css

2)Column right is defined in catalog/includes/column_right.php

then it is called in index.php and any other file you want to display it on like this

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

3) should be able to include it in column_left or column_right

4)not sure how to do that part. I'm sure it's possible.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

I've added my stylesheet below - Was wondering if anyone could help point out where I would be able to change the width of my page if the website it centered and set at a certian width. Also could it be set to make the centered page wider and/or default to the entire width of a browsers resolution? Thanks for any help...

B

STYLESHEET:

BODY { background: #006699; margin: 8px; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; color:#666666;}
.boxText { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }
.errorBox { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; background: #ffb3b5; font-weight: bold; }
.stockWarning { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #cc0033; }
.productsNotifications { background: #f2fff7; }
.orderEdit { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #70d250; text-decoration: underline; }
A { color: #2F5A73; text-decoration: none; }
A:hover { color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: underline; }
FORM { display: inline; }
TR.header { background: #ffffff; }
TR.headerNavigation { height:29px;}
TD.headerNavigation { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; padding: 6px; }
A.headerNavigation { color: #FFFFFF; }
A.headerNavigation:hover { color: #C0C0C0; }
TR.headerError { background: #ff0000; }
TD.headerError { font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background: #ff0000; color: #ffffff; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; }
TR.headerInfo { background: #00ff00; }
TD.headerInfo { font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background: #00ff00; color: #ffffff; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; }
TD.footer { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #FFFFFF; padding: 6px; }
.infoBox { background-color: transparent; }
.infoBoxContents { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color:#355D75; }
.infoBoxNotice { background: #FF8E90; }
.infoBoxNoticeContents { background: #FFE6E6; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }
TD.infoBoxHeading { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff; background-color: #5386C6; padding: 2px; border-bottom: 1px solid; border-color: #163D6E; }
TD.infoBox, SPAN.infoBox { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }
TR.accountHistory-odd, TR.addressBook-odd, TR.alsoPurchased-odd, TR.payment-odd, TR.productListing-odd, TR.productReviews-odd, TR.upcomingProducts-odd, TR.shippingOptions-odd { background: #f8f8f9; }
TR.accountHistory-even, TR.addressBook-even, TR.alsoPurchased-even, TR.payment-even, TR.productListing-even, TR.productReviews-even, TR.upcomingProducts-even, TR.shippingOptions-even { background: #f8f8f9; }
TABLE.productListing { border-color: #b6b7cb; }
.productListing-heading { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; background: #96969E; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; padding: 2px; border-bottom: 2px solid #FFFFFF; }
TD.productListing-data { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }
A.pageResults { color: #0000FF; }
A.pageResults:hover { color: #0000FF; background: #FFFF33; }
TD.pageHeading, DIV.pageHeading { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; color: #666666; }
TR.subBar { background: #f4f7fd; }
TD.subBar { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #666666; }
TD.main, P.main { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 1.5; }
TD.smallText, SPAN.smallText, P.smallText { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }
TD.accountCategory { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; color: #aabbdd; }
TD.fieldKey { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; }
TD.fieldValue { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; }
TD.tableHeading { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; }
SPAN.newItemInCart { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #ff0000; }
CHECKBOX, RADIO, SELECT { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; }
INPUT { background-color: #F8F8F8; font-size: 11px; }
TEXTAREA { width: 100%; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; }
SPAN.greetUser { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #E80000; font-weight: bold; }
TABLE.formArea { background: #f1f9fe; border-color: #7b9ebd; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; }
TD.formAreaTitle { font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; }
SPAN.markProductOutOfStock { font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #c76170; font-weight: bold; }
SPAN.productSpecialPrice { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: #ff0000; }
SPAN.errorText { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: #ff0000; }
.moduleRowOver { background-color: #D7E9F7; cursor: pointer; cursor: pointer; }
.moduleRowSelected { background-color: #E9F4FC; }
.checkoutBarFrom, .checkoutBarTo { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #8c8c8c; }
.checkoutBarCurrent { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; }
.messageBox { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }
.messageStackError, .messageStackWarning { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; background-color: #ffb3b5; }
.messageStackSuccess { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; background-color: #99ff00; }
.inputRequirement { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #ff0000; }
.site_table { background-color: #FFFFFF; }
TD.left { background-color: #BDDBE8; color:#304663; }
TD.right { background-color: #ffffff; }
TABLE.content { padding: 20px 10px 10px 10px; color:#666666; }
.copy { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; padding: 5px; }

For your overall width, it maybe being defined in your includes/header.php file

Can you provide a url for your store?

Yep..no problem....its:

http://musicplusonline.com/shop/catalog

In addition, if you notice the template seems to be setup for only a left column.....do you think I could edit it so that I could add a right column......

Thanks again...

B

can you post lines 30 to 50 of your catalog/index.php file.

Your column_right will be commented out or deleted from the files directly under the catalog.

i.e files

catalog/account.php

'''

'''

catalog/tell_a_friend.php

it should read, the very last 10 lines or so.

lines 30-72........

}

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<?php

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

Here is a reference in my account.php file - found in part of the last 10 lines....is it commented out?.....make any sense?

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

Hi there, the codes you have posted above, are these from the template as they do not seem to match the source code of your website, they look more like the originally oscommerce coding and not the template coding.

Can you confirm

Looking at your site as well, you are running the whole site in SSL mode, theres no need for that, only your login, account and checkout pages require SSL encryption, your categories box and all inks are being sent to an SSL directory.

Please check your catalog/includes/configure.php file for any errors.

yes...you are right on the SSL...that leads me to another question for you if you dont mind.... my hosting provider offers their shared SSL as an option when doing an OScommerce install and therefore includes it into the install itself. How can I edit this such that the SSL only kicks in when people BUY something?

With reference to errors in my configure.php file...what should I be looking for?

Archived