• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

an advanced newsletter module

nosiath

Hi all,

I've been searching in the contributions and this forum for a really good newsletter module, but I see that most of the users choose to use an external software, or script (constantcontact, activecampaign,etc.). I myself do not use the newsletter module because I have other sources which are not just my store customers so I need to send all at once. I'm planning to make a contribution and release it for the community, however, I'd like to know if this is really needed. So I'd appreciate if you guys can tell me:

1/ Would you be interested in an advanced newsletter module ?

2/ What features would you like to see.

3/ What scripts/softwares are you using now and why ?

That would have me to build a solid idea.

Thanks,

Thai Son

Hi all,

I've been searching in the contributions and this forum for a really good newsletter module, but I see that most of the users choose to use an external software, or script (constantcontact, activecampaign,etc.). I myself do not use the newsletter module because I have other sources which are not just my store customers so I need to send all at once. I'm planning to make a contribution and release it for the community, however, I'd like to know if this is really needed. So I'd appreciate if you guys can tell me:

Thanks,

Thai Son

Hi Thai,

I'm very new to osCommerce and jumping in the deep end by (hopefully) making some changes to an existing oscommerce site. The client has sorted their customers in to groups and would like to be able to send the newletter to all subscibers, one subscriber or one of the different groups. Just like the send email function but with the option of groups. You may wish to consider this for the features in your newsletter module.

Olivia.

I would like a newsletter setup just any email program, where you can highlight text and change color, use bullet points etc. Like you would see in a phpbb forum when your posting. The only advanced option I would want to see is to create tables so that you can design a better layout and color code backgrounds of different sections of the newsletter.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

Thanks,

Thai Son

I am in need of a newsletter module for os 6.2 that will allow me to post newsletters on the site in the news manager and archive them for the future. My old os had a place to type in a news letter but 6.2 don't seem to have that. Does anyone know of a contribution available?

Thanks,

Ted

The newsletter manager also needs to be able to send A LOT of emails. Running the way it does if you are sending thousands of emails the web browser and/or PHP seem to time out and it stops the process.

Dan

Archived