• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipment with Signature option

BigWilly

Hi,

Following happened to me:

I received an order 2 weeks ago for around $200 so I checked the customers address. The address was find expect that the city the customer provided me with was HULL but the city listed for her postal code was GATINEAU. So I called the post office and they told me that this is possible because these were 2 little cities next to each other.

To be on the safe side, i shipped the parcel with the signature option so the receiver had to sign and show some identification to receive the parcel. I tracked the parcel yesterday and it was picked up and signed BUT whoever picked up the parcel has a different last name.

I wouldn't be surprised if I receive a chargeback for this payment but my question is who has got to pay for this? In my opinion it would be the post office's fault because they obviously didn't pay attention to who signed to get the parcel. (A pick-up note was left at the customers house so she/he had to pick up the parcel at their local post outlet. If I have to do that, I always have to show ID and if the parcel is not sent to my exact name, I don't get the package.)

Someone smarter than me?

Archived