• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal testing using Paypal sandbox

ramsydney

I am at the stage where I am testing the payment settings on my osCommerce shopping cart. I have set up a Paypal sandbox account with my "false" customer account and my business account. I have set up the bank accounts and credit cards within both accounts and they are cashed up and ready to go!

When I go to test them in my shopping cart, if I select "Paypal" my "false" customer username and password dont' work. I get an error message:

Your sign in information is not valid. Please try again.

I rang Paypal and they told me that during the testing phase I need to add "sandbox" to my Paypal URL so I can test the payment system using my sandbox accounts.

What URL do I change and where do I change it?

Thanks in advance for anyones help.

I am at the stage where I am testing the payment settings on my osCommerce shopping cart. I have set up a Paypal sandbox account with my "false" customer account and my business account. I have set up the bank accounts and credit cards within both accounts and they are cashed up and ready to go!

When I go to test them in my shopping cart, if I select "Paypal" my "false" customer username and password dont' work. I get an error message:

Your sign in information is not valid. Please try again.

I rang Paypal and they told me that during the testing phase I need to add "sandbox" to my Paypal URL so I can test the payment system using my sandbox accounts.

What URL do I change and where do I change it?

Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Go to http://www.sandbox.paypal.com and log in.

This is what I did.

1. Create a user in my store's database that I use for all my sandbox transactions (for testing). Define

the test user's email address to be the same as your sandbox user's email address. (makes it easy)

2. Make sure my PayPal module is set to TEST and not LIVE.

3. Create a Sandbox business account on the PayPal developer site and launch it.

4. Configure your autoreturn in the Sandbox business account (profiles).

5. Create a Sandbox user account on the PayPal developer site.

6. Log my sandbox user into the store and place an order.

I am not familiar with your specific config. but in a nut shell that is all I did. Most importantly, just make sure that you have both a user and business sandbox account, enable your paypal mod to be in test mode with your business sandbox email address in the config.,

Also, make sure you verify your sandbox business and user accounts.

Hope this helps!

Don't give up. I see light ahead...!