• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question about inactive products

Dragonkeeper

Is there some way I can set osc to not display items which have a 0 quantity? OSC properly decrements the quantity when a purchase is made but the product still remains listed but with a quantity of 0. I do not want this and I would prefer to not have to go into Admin and mark an item as "inactive" whenever the quantity drops to 0. Is there someplace I can set it to do this automatically? I was unable to find this setting. Thanks.

Is there some way I can set osc to not display items which have a 0 quantity? OSC properly decrements the quantity when a purchase is made but the product still remains listed but with a quantity of 0. I do not want this and I would prefer to not have to go into Admin and mark an item as "inactive" whenever the quantity drops to 0. Is there someplace I can set it to do this automatically? I was unable to find this setting. Thanks.

Did you try something like this?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4549

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Stock and make the following settings:

Check stock level true

Subtract stock true

Allow Checkout false

Mark product out of stock out of stock

Stock Re-order level 0

This setting makes the products status inactive automatically whenever the quantity drops to 0.

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Stock and make the following settings:

Check stock level true

Subtract stock true

Allow Checkout false

Mark product out of stock out of stock

Stock Re-order level 0

This setting makes the products status inactive automatically whenever the quantity drops to 0.

Archived