• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

timbl (himself) is seeing the light?

berkedam

Yes it was an interesting read, but I think the biggest issue is how to get people to follow all of the new standards, not to mention that all of the older sites out there, how to get them to upgrade.

To implement new standards, some incentive is needed, ie better search engine placement for newer standards etc. until this happens, if there is no incentive, then this will only happen in a very slow way, all of the people who learned html do not have an incentive to upgrade their skills....

cheers,

Peter M

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

I agree with the above as well as can't think of anything that's lacking in the current form of HTML or XHTML. Javascript, or an effective replacement, is where I'd like to development efforts focused. Maybe even a multi-OS compatible form of a framework like .Net that integrates with the user's OS. That's the future of the web, not HTML 4.2.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Archived