• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating an osCsid upon immediate entry to osCommerce website

wbstech

Hello there,

I have an osCommerce website which I have modified in terms of design (simplified). In short, for the functionality I am after I need to do the following:

When the user visits the site, they are taken to the initial page of index.php?cPath=0 . This is always the first page they will begin at within the osCommerce section, as they are sent here via a normal HTML link.

Upon entering this first page, I need an osCsid to be generated, as with the current osCommerce functionality this does not happen until the user clicks a link within osCommerce.

Is there a simple function I can place within the correct part of index.php to just generate this osCsid variable?

Please advise,

thankyou.

Hello there,

I have an osCommerce website which I have modified in terms of design (simplified). In short, for the functionality I am after I need to do the following:

When the user visits the site, they are taken to the initial page of index.php?cPath=0 . This is always the first page they will begin at within the osCommerce section, as they are sent here via a normal HTML link.

Upon entering this first page, I need an osCsid to be generated, as with the current osCommerce functionality this does not happen until the user clicks a link within osCommerce.

Is there a simple function I can place within the correct part of index.php to just generate this osCsid variable?

Please advise,

thankyou.

session id's are generated immediately and not after clicking something

Treasurer MFC

session id's are generated immediately and not after clicking something

This is what I thought too, but when I put <?php echo $osCsid; ?> into index.php, it doesn't echo initially on entering index.php?cPath=0 - I have to click a link, then click back, then it appears echo'd on the page.

This is what I thought too, but when I put <?php echo $osCsid; ?> into index.php, it doesn't echo initially on entering index.php?cPath=0 - I have to click a link, then click back, then it appears echo'd on the page.

try <?php echo tep_session_id(); ?>

Treasurer MFC

Archived