• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Box Heading Text.

vanawesome2

Sorry, i'm a super giant n00b. and I'm sorry. But i can't figure out how to changed the heading text on the boxes like "Catagories" "information" etc. Can somebody tell me which files need to be modified to change the headings, and also which file needs to be modified to change the text INSIDE the "search" box. The default text is "use keywords to search for..." etc.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give me. And again I'm sorry for knowing nothin about anything.

In includes/laguages/english.php loo for defines such as...

// categories box text in includes/boxes/categories.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Categories');

And change the bit in red to whatever you want it to read...staying within the '

regards

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

In includes/laguages/english.php loo for defines such as...

And change the bit in red to whatever you want it to read...staying within the '

regards

Mark

ahh, man, thank you so very much. Would you also happen to know how to put an image into the background of the site? For whatever reason when I code my css to have a background image it just doesn't display any image and will just go to a solid white background. I can change the background color as usual, but the back ground image wont take.

Any further help would be great. thanks.

ahh, man, thank you so very much. Would you also happen to know how to put an image into the background of the site? For whatever reason when I code my css to have a background image it just doesn't display any image and will just go to a solid white background. I can change the background color as usual, but the back ground image wont take.

Any further help would be great. thanks.

how are you putting the background image into the css

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

how are you putting the background image into the css

Alright, so for whatever reason, the css background problem i was having is no longer an issue. it works fine now. Just one of those things i guess. But, i do have another problem showing up.

Another problem that just seemed to happen but i've had it happen before and the only way i could get it to stop was to re-install oscommerce, maybe you would know why this would be happening. Why is my "manufacturers" drop down menu reverting back to all the manufacturers that were default when i installed osCommerce. IT doesn't show all the manufacturer's that I have entered in using the admin.

The site i'm working on is. www.americanmodifier.com

Thanks.

Archived