• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card Banning????

halltristan

I'm hoping that someone can tell me where I can find a credit card ban type of script I can incorporate into my store. I've looked all through the contributions, and unless I've just missed something, I couldn't anything threre.

Please help.

There isn't such a contribution as far as I know. You might want to try th eBlacklist contribution though. It will ban a person from your site.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

you also might want to elaborate on the subject, are you trying to ban one specific card# or wanting to ban certain cards like visa cards or Amex cards. Knowing what you are trying to do exactly, and for what reason you need to ban the cards could lead to other possible solutions.

If your banning cards because of fraud:

Most of the time if an invalid number is entered OsC will know its invalid, if you have the standard OsC install then you probably don't have the CVV2 validation, which means any card which follows the algarithum of say a visa card, (which you can find false numbers by doing a google search) would work. If you install the CVV2 validation then they have to provide the 3 or 4 digit code on the back so any false number without proper validation would be detected and checkout would not proceed.

If your trying to ban CC#s that were used with validation from someone using a stolen card may be difficult, you just have to watch the trends most stolen card purchases are either to an overseas address or florida address. If you check the CVV code and see the shipping address is way different then the card holders address something could be phisy a quick phone call could settle that.

you also might want to elaborate on the subject, are you trying to ban one specific card# or wanting to ban certain cards like visa cards or Amex cards. Knowing what you are trying to do exactly, and for what reason you need to ban the cards could lead to other possible solutions.

If your banning cards because of fraud:

Most of the time if an invalid number is entered OsC will know its invalid, if you have the standard OsC install then you probably don't have the CVV2 validation, which means any card which follows the algarithum of say a visa card, (which you can find false numbers by doing a google search) would work. If you install the CVV2 validation then they have to provide the 3 or 4 digit code on the back so any false number without proper validation would be detected and checkout would not proceed.

If your trying to ban CC#s that were used with validation from someone using a stolen card may be difficult, you just have to watch the trends most stolen card purchases are either to an overseas address or florida address. If you check the CVV code and see the shipping address is way different then the card holders address something could be phisy a quick phone call could settle that.

I want to be able to ban individual cards. Just something that basically says, if XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX card number shows up and its on the ban list, then don't allow it to place an order.

Archived