• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WARNING at top -HELP (Win2000 & Apache)

Has anybody been able to get the Warning message at the top of the default page to go away. I am running Windows 2000 server and Apache. Most replies say to CHMOD the configure.php file but that is not an option in Windows 2000. The error is below. I am sure anyone running Windows has got this error. Please help.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: c:/program files/apache group/apache/htdocs/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

There must be somebody with Windows out there who has got this to work. Please help..

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am getting the same thing, although I have done everything other than going to the server and hitting it with a hammer.

I wrote my server tech to give me permissions on my site although they have not idea what I am talking about. Could someone maybe give me the right wording or help to get this thing working?

thanks

:roll:

Could someone maybe give me the right wording or help to get this thing working?

Just get your server admin to set the 2 configure.php files to be read only :)

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Archived