• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers can no longer login

tvega

I have not changed anything but perhaps my hosting company (Powweb) did when they migrated to a new platform, but I have noticed that my cusomters can no longer login. The screen just refreshes and it does nothing when a customer attempts to recover a lost password. What can I look for to see where the broken link might be? Thanks in advance.

I have not changed anything but perhaps my hosting company (Powweb) did when they migrated to a new platform, but I have noticed that my cusomters can no longer login. The screen just refreshes and it does nothing when a customer attempts to recover a lost password. What can I look for to see where the broken link might be? Thanks in advance.

If your host changed something with register globals (probably setting it to off) this very well would result in such a problem. If you search for 'register globals' in the threads there should be a few that address you setting them 'on' on your own, alternately it is not that tricky for your host to set it register_globals to 'on' for you. See if your host might have done this first of all as it is a rather easy thing to fix.

Meaningful. Creative. Change.

Archived