• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One field content does not appear in the correct languaje

boudey

Hi,

In my site, in the New Products part of the home page, the products appear with a short description.

The problem is that this description is always in english whereas the name is in the correct language. (I have english and spanish set up).

If I go to the product info page, the description appears OK in the right language.

By the way, this happens also in any other listings> Categories or Manufacturer.

This is my Site> http://grupomoravi.com/index.php

If anyone could help me, that would be much appreciated.

This is part of the code of the new_products.php page that is included in the home page I am not sure if this is the correct code to show here.

(Sorry for the typo in the title. Couldn't chang it afterwards).

while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
  $new_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($new_products['products_id']);
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select products_description  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$new_products['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)1 . "'");
  $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);
  $new_products['products_description'] = $product['products_description'];
  echo '

<td width=208 valign=top align=center>
		   <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=200 align=center>
			<tr><td width=90 align=center valign=top><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'vspace=0') . '</a></td>
			<td valign=top>
			  <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0>
			   <tr><td><a height=35 valign=middle   class=ch9 href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class=ch10 height=35 valign=middle>'.preg_replace('/\s\S*$/i', '', substr($new_products['products_description'], 0, 25)).' ...</td></tr>
			   <tr><td height=0></td></tr>
								 </table>
			 </td>
			</tr>
			<tr><td height=20></td></tr>
			<tr><td colspan=2 align=right><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('small_view.gif') . '</a></tr>
		  </table>
		 </td>

';

Archived