• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Almost done, need button help...

garysgal

Okay, I've tweaked and fixed and am almost ready to upload the remaining products and convert my site... however....

I'd really like the "top", "catalog", items listing to be buttons to match the "Account", "Cart", etc. that I have... here's what it looks like now... I have looked at the header page where I replaced the other texts with buttons and can't make head nor tails of it...

Click HERE.

Please advise. Thank you for your time and assistance.

you are asking about an area referred to as "breadcrumbs" and such is intented to be dynamic and display a kind of 'path' of the currently viewed page -

example:

when viewing the catagory 'Greeting Cards & Calendars' the "path" updates to display...

Top ? Catalog ? Greeting Cards & Calendars

how exactly are you planning to handle this / or desire to handle this dynamic aspect?

in other words > sure, "Top" and "Catalog" can be made into buttons, but then where and how do you plan/want to display the rest of the 'breadcrumb' when updated with more info --- or do you simply not want to display the breadcrumb 'path' at all?

I don't expect I really need to have the breadcrumb display on there... it's on the title of the page anyways...

ok then...

well, i think you'ld have to change that area of your header.php so that it looks something like this...

<table width="95%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
 <tr class="header">
<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="http://familymemoriesandmore.com/">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_home.gif', HEADER_TITLE_HOME) . '</a>  <br>
<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_catalog.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG) . '</a>  <br>
<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <br>
<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <br>
<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>

then define HEADER_TITLE_HOME and HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG in includes/langauges/english.php around the area that says:

// header text in includes/header.php

of course, also you'd have to make and upload the added "button" gif's

notes:

- from the source of your pages i tried to imagine what this area in your header.php looks like - and made the above so as to intergrate/editing would be easier...

- added a few "<br>" it seems you want these buttons stacked (do you?), but without "<br>" display wrap was the only thing making them stack...

- in the example above WHERE are you going to fit "Logoff" ???

- also note in the above example the bad link to your homepage ("top") - without calling the tep_href_link function the SSL might be lost - however i don't know how you plan to handle such - perhaps you can intergrate target="_new"

- many other questions too --- you have more than buttons to work on - the site is still confusing, like i noticed a product where you list different prices for different version (or something) but then do not intergrate Attributes so that different versions could be selected --- maybe you think the more info link serves to make such selection ----- but still such would be confusing for a customer...

- etc.

perhaps others can help if you still have questions...

Thanks for the help and the critique-the products actually haven't all been input and attributed, I was making sure all the contributions and other functions I wanted to work would be okay before I took the "final" steps of adding the other hundred products and double checking the attributes and pricing! :D

Okay, I'm gonna give some thought to your button issues... you are probably right and it looks like I'll end up having to run them horizontally instead of stacked not only for looks but for ease... minor changes, in retrospect! I can't thank you enough!

Archived